My Tow Behind Trailer Resto.....

Going to be a great trailer and display. Are you putting Sears decals on the sides. ?

What is the car in the background in one of the pictures. I’ve seen that tail light before but I just can’t put and name on the car.

Noel
I want to say Dodge/Plymouth of some sort..
I think you're looking for the model though..

Going to be a great trailer and display. Are you putting Sears decals on the sides. ?

What is the car in the background in one of the pictures. I’ve seen that tail light before but I just can’t put and name on the car.

Noel
Good eye, Noel, I'm not the only one eyeballing the stuff in shops! The car looks like a 1968 Plymouth Fury I or II. Can't be sure though.

I would like to see pics of it!

DAC

Noel

I believe you have seen it before Noel yes, as I posted this topic on multiple other tractor forums. Both cars in the picture are my stepdads cars, him and I share that as an interest besides garden tractors, They are both 1967 Plymouth Fury II's, the lower line less trim and more affordable car of the Fury line-up. They are the "C" body platform from Chrysler. The turquoise one is a 520 stroker and a 15 year restoration, it originally started life as a slant 6 car with radio delete. The yellow one in the background is a 6 passenger station wagon currently with its tired original 318 small block engine, and 90% original paint. The plan is to swap in a 440.

1645125131305.png
1645125160375.png

Good eye, Noel, I'm not the only one eyeballing the stuff in shops! The car looks like a 1968 Plymouth Fury I or II. Can't be sure though.

I would like to see pics of it!

DAC

Good eye and you know your cars too! The '68 Fury is a bit different than '67 though. The '68 has a different rear tail and also had the porthole side marker lights as well. As I said above when I quoted Noels message they both are 67 models, and they are both Fury II's or the more affordable car in the Fury line

Good eye and you know your cars too! The '68 Fury is a bit different than '67 though. The '68 has a different rear tail and also had the porthole side marker lights as well. As I said above when I quoted Noels message they both are 67 models, and they are both Fury II's or the more affordable car in the Fury line

Wow, some nice cars. Thanks for the pictures, cant wait till spring. Seeing these makes me think about getting the Rambler out of storage. Thanks again.

Noel

Those are some great cars! While most car guys like the mid-size and pony cars, but I have always liked the full size cars! It's great to see someone working on and driving them! That turquoise one is quite a sleeper! I always like the long roofs too.

Thanks for the pics and story!

DAC

Hi Everybody,

Wooo man it's been a LONG time since I updated this post. Not really much of an update after posting my last post, as I unfortunately have not really worked on the trailer since. Only thing I did was try polishing the tailgate, but that did not really work so great, it just ate the compound and polish right up and it just does not really shine like I would like it to so I gotta maybe wet-sand it again then compound and polish it again. That is another project for another time though. I however got these 6 pumpkins to display with the hay at Michael's Craft store though, I think it will be a nice display with how I am envisioning it in my head......

pumpkins-jpg.2562067

Hi Everyone,

Its been a long time since I posted an update on my trailer project. Nothing has been done to it since I posted about it last, its just mainly been collecting dust.... but I am STILL working on it. I ain't touched it in about a year or maybe more. My stepdad tried sandblasting the rims and he said the back side paint on the rims would not come off at all, and the fronts came off BUT rust pits are pretty deep. That being said my stepdad said he has some bondo I can use but I had to buy hardener because he don't have any, so I went to Autozone and bought some blue cream hardener by Evercoat body shop. I hope to get back to that project by this coming spring, or maybe sooner if the weather is nice.

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

I mainly wanted to revive this post because I was doin some pokin around on Facebook Marketplace as I do everyday, and I found an EXACT trailer like mine listed for sale in my old city where I used to live (and worked until last year) of Bristol CT. The seller is asking $100.00 for it, reduced from $200.00. Its close enough to me, BUT no I'm NOT buyin it. More to come on my trailer though, hopefully soon.....

415524103_7458792247478646_2257445239335874778_n.jpg

420562369_6793809694074403_5520813549214073673_n.jpg

415909734_7019614674782717_1734238302508967925_n.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Its been a long time since I posted an update on my trailer project. Nothing has been done to it since I posted about it last, its just mainly been collecting dust.... but I am STILL working on it. I ain't touched it in about a year or maybe more. My stepdad tried sandblasting the rims and he said the back side paint on the rims would not come off at all, and the fronts came off BUT rust pits are pretty deep. That being said my stepdad said he has some bondo I can use but I had to buy hardener because he don't have any, so I went to Autozone and bought some blue cream hardener by Evercoat body shop. I hope to get back to that project by this coming spring, or maybe sooner if the weather is nice.

View attachment 79061

View attachment 79062
If you’re just filling in minor pits Bondo has a Spot putty that you just squeeze out of the tube no mixing. You have a 5 minute work time and it sands easy for a good finish. I’ve used it for years.

That old 1970's "red cap" glazing putty could bite you when it came to when primer and finish coats were applied. That red color could bleed though a good sanding sealer and then show up in light colored paint jobs. Definitely better products out now!

DAC

Back