Nail Puller

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
Not new but redesigned. I lost my nail puller a few years ago and looking through some drawers the other day I thought I found it. Disappointed it was a tile nipper that I haven’t used in years. After looking at it I thought I’ll make this thing useful again. As a tile nipper the carbide jaws had a large opening as you closed the handles but as a nail puller they need to have a smaller space to pinch. All I done was filed off the jaw stops that are located about half way down the handle and they worked great.

Attachments

• 3D9A1993-66FE-4174-A404-20DE830863A5.jpeg
    3D9A1993-66FE-4174-A404-20DE830863A5.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 16
Not new but redesigned. I lost my nail puller a few years ago and looking through some drawers the other day I thought I found it. Disappointed it was a tile nipper that I haven’t used in years. After looking at it I thought I’ll make this thing useful again. As a tile nipper the carbide jaws had a large opening as you closed the handles but as a nail puller they need to have a smaller space to pinch. All I done was filed off the jaw stops that are located about half way down the handle and they worked great.
Nice repurpose of an otherwise useless too you tool Jim!

DAC

Last edited:
I didn't modify anything and they don't work worth a hoot. The good thing is I won't loose them. :)
I admire you guys for making use of unused tools. About the only tool I can remember modifying is a pair of regular pliers. Cut grooves in them so they could be used to install those wire type hose clamps and for making bends in wire.

Back