New HF paint gun

cjet69

Tractorologist
This was on sale in their members only club for $29.99 normally $39.99. I use these mostly for primers but occasionally shoot topcoats with them.

Attachments

• 100_6759-m.JPG
    100_6759-m.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_6760-m.JPG
    100_6760-m.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
Looks like a nice gun, CJet! Never saw siphon guns at HF before. Just the HVLP type. Probably because I just wasn't looking for one before!

DAC
I have a Devilbiss siphon gun and had it a very longtime. Very nice gun..
But I've learned a very long time ago that " a good paint gun makes not necessarily a good painter". ;)

I have a Devilbiss siphon gun and had it a very longtime. Very nice gun..
But I've learned a very long time ago that " a good paint gun makes not necessarily a good painter". ;)
I am living proof of that statement Bill.
The truth! I'm in the same boat! I got real good at spraying flat vertical plexiglass and Lexan sign faces for backlit electric displays in the '80's to mid 90's. Some were over 20' long and 8'tall. Sign faces were mounted on a huge light table first. Would set up ladder jacks and walk back and forth far as I could reach, then have to hurry down, move the scaffold plank out of the way and keep working down. It was all translucent paint that was tricky to make even. Does any of that apply to painting a car? Not very much---LOL! Used a Binks Model 7 for that.

DAC

I'm interested to see what I can do when I paint my truck.

I've sprayed a few hundred gallons of paint at work. I got pretty darn good at laying down a nice flat smooth paint job. We use a ready to spray acrylic enamel. If you don't use a semi proper technique it looks terrible.

I am going to do a base coat/clear coat. Truck sits outside a lot, more like all the time, I figured a good it would hold up better to sun exposure
Many if not all the show cars thats seen on your major car auctions on tv I would almost guarantee were wet sanded and puffed out. No way are those guys are laying down paint as smooth as what the end results is.
So sometimes being a painter is like being a welder only a welder grinds instead of puffs.. ;)

Many if not all the show cars thats seen on your major car auctions on tv I would almost guarantee were wet sanded and puffed out. No way are those guys are laying down paint as smooth as what the end results is.
So sometimes being a painter is like being a welder only a welder grinds instead of puffs.. ;)
Pretty much everything in the autobody trade gets a light sand and buff mainly for dirt. A lot of factory paint jobs have a lot of orange peel and you not only need to match the color but the amount of peel to the paint.

I never painted when I was in the trade for over 20 yrs. I guess I wasn't good enough. Ended up doing the major collision work, pulling cars on the frame bench and replacing panels. The only painting I got to do was a little priming. Started painting at home to teach myself. Here is a motorcycle tank, fenders, and side panels that I painted 10 yrs ago with a base coat black and urethane clear. The pics are as sprayed with no buffing.

Attachments

• 100_0762-m.JPG
    100_0762-m.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0763-m.JPG
    100_0763-m.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0764-m.JPG
    100_0764-m.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0765-m.JPG
    100_0765-m.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0766-m.JPG
    100_0766-m.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0767-m.JPG
    100_0767-m.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 6
Pretty much everything in the autobody trade gets a light sand and buff mainly for dirt. A lot of factory paint jobs have a lot of orange peel and you not only need to match the color but the amount of peel to the paint.

I never painted when I was in the trade for over 20 yrs. I guess I wasn't good enough. Ended up doing the major collision work, pulling cars on the frame bench and replacing panels. The only painting I got to do was a little priming. Started painting at home to teach myself. Here is a motorcycle tank, fenders, and side panels that I painted 10 yrs ago with a base coat black and urethane clear. The pics are as sprayed with no buffing.
Beautiful work, CJet! Your bike?

DAC

That is very nice painting Cjet...
If that were me and I was almost done surely a fly would land on it or a blob of dirt would ...!

Nicely done cj not to mention it being black which shows flaws much worse than other colors.

Back