New Kioti CX2510 HST CAB Sitting in Shop 4 weeks waiting for part....

K1JOS

After 7h, my new CX2510 HST CAB developed an electrical failure. Dealer found that a wiring harness between cab and tractor was installed incorrectly, it was pinched and eventually shorted melting some wires. Harness cannot be spliced with new wires and needs entire new harness. Now 4 weeks sitting in dealer's shop and dealer still has not received an ETA for the wire harness part. I bought a Kioti instead of a Kubota because I expected excellent service but the dealer cannot even get an expected shipping date after 4 weeks!! These tractors are in production, so there must be wire harnesses available. Kioti USA telephone customer service said it will take very long time as the parts come on a ship from S. Korea. This can be shipped DHL in a small box !!!

I seen an article last night about the railroad s not upgrading the railways to meet todays rr demands. It was a live video of an engineer sitting in his train that had been waiting for 47 hours for another train 70 miles away to come and to pass him. This was because the sidings weren’t long enough to accommodate his train or the one coming at him. He said this happens all the time. He then stated this is a big reason parts and products are late for delivery.

2 years ago about now I stopped into a new implement dealer in our area that was advertising Kioti tractors. I had heard they were well made and made the Bobcat tractors. Visited with them about a new tractor and they said they were expecting their inventory to arrive in the spring. Well spring came and went along with the summer and fall and still no tractors. Finally I purchased JD and the rest is history. Sometime around last December I see a couple Kioti's did finally show up. I sure hope the parts availability improves for them and you can get your tractor back.
I'd be pushing them to repair you harness until the new one comes in.

It was a live video of an engineer sitting in his train that had been waiting for 47 hours for another train 70 miles away to come and to pass him.
Federal law prohibits a train crew to be on duty longer than 12 hours without 8 hours rest. In emergency they can work an additional 4 hours. Train may have sat there for 47 hours but not with the same crew on board. Train went "dead under law" and sat there till the crew had their rest and then put back on again. Happens along this route once in a while. Live close to the main EW BNSF Midwest route. 30 miles East is a yard and a lot of crew changes take place 20 miles both sides of the yard to keep from filling the yard up.

Federal law prohibits a train crew to be on duty longer than 12 hours without 8 hours rest. In emergency they can work an additional 4 hours. Train may have sat there for 47 hours but not with the same crew on board.
It’s pretty obvious the engineer and crew weren’t sitting there looking out the windshield for 47 hours without a shift change. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back