New manifold for the Ford 9N

2N, 9N and 8N tractors were all 6 volt with generators. It's common practice to add an alternator and change them to 12 volts.
Yes I understand that I am just saying that since you now have an alternator and plan to replace the ammeter it would give you better information about the charging system to replace it with a volt meter. I grew up during the switch from 6 to 12 volt in automotive and the switch from generators to alternators and can remember being highly offended by the switch from ammeters to volt meters but in retrospect it made sense. Idiot lights not so much.
I have an 8N tractor all original 6 volt system. It starts and runs just fine even in sub o. Although it is now on the forth year with a one year battery and requires a boost if i let it set for more than a month without operation. In every case where I have seen an N series tractor advertised with the proud statement "12 volt conversion already done" it has meant "so worn out there is no way it will start on 6 volts":thumbs:
Don

Sounds perfect. Great old tractors. Never had any Plow days or parades or events that involved tractors last year and doubtful if there will be any this year. Nice to at least hear a tractor running.

Noel

Back