New Saw Blades

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
I bought two saw blades back in the winter from Benchmark Abrasives to try them out. I have been very satisfied with their wire wheels, sanding disc, cut off wheels and deburring tools. I got one 12” 80T for my miter saw and a 7 1/4” 40T for my circular saw. I’ve been using the miter blade it’s ok but not thrilled about it. The circular blade showed more resistance than normal cutting through 9 ply cabinet plywood a few days ago. They would be ok for a weekend warrior but not for me. I’ll stay with Freud and Diablo blades.
961F9C82-83D7-4AD3-8583-F51B1F001EAB.jpegAE6A3E17-BD61-474D-9AB0-8FAA2ADA1B62.jpeg

I bought two saw blades back in the winter from Benchmark Abrasives to try them out. I have been very satisfied with their wire wheels, sanding disc, cut off wheels and deburring tools. I got one 12” 80T for my miter saw and a 7 1/4” 40T for my circular saw. I’ve been using the miter blade it’s ok but not thrilled about it. The circular blade showed more resistance than normal cutting through 9 ply cabinet plywood a few days ago. They would be ok for a weekend warrior but not for me. I’ll stay with Freud and Diablo blades.
View attachment 56666View attachment 56667

Anyone repurpose their old saw blades? I made a ULU knife although its purpose was for chopping spices of sorts..not pretty but effective and they not cheap at the kitchen store

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Anyone repurpose their old saw blades? I made a ULU knife although its purpose was for chopping spices of sorts..not pretty but effective and they not cheap at the kitchen store
That’s nice Jazz I like your choice of the handle too. I’ve seen guys make knife blades also. I have a stack of old blades. I use to get the 7 1/4 blades sharpened but not worth it anymore. I do have my larger blades sharpened.

Back