New to me Wards Garden Mark 8hp

Those tractors were also built and badged as Burns,Penfield,and Gilson.
I really like those tractors and have been keeping my eyes open for another one for years.
Great find,that one appears to be in nice original condition.

nice little Machine , looks compact (small) ,I am curious are the wheels 12"rear and 6" front ?

Shane

12" rear and 8" front

I haven't gotten it running yet. Previous owner said it sat outside for some time and hadn't run in quite a few years. I believe it, because the carb was full of goo and so was the tank. Tank is soaking in lacquer thinner as I type this. Carb has been freed up and rebuilt. New points and condenser, old points were pitted beyond filing. Waiting on a new coil. Water had gotten in the top and rusted the plug wire fast so when the new coil gets here I'll make a new wire. Good news is that it turns over so it should run, just not sure if it'll smoke or not.

Here is the montgomery wards I had and restored.16 hp Vari speed. It had the tiller and a homade cart for it all painted to match I sold it to a old collector friend,He showed it several places then he sold it and it went was out in Kansas somewhere .It was out there for a year or so and Now its back here in a town just 10 miles from here at another collectors place,He wont sell it.I asked because I wanted to get it back,He knows I am the guy who restored it and says I sure did a good job on it and he may have one he wants me to restore for him.It has not been run since I restored it.Nobody ever put gas in it and fired it up.Crazy world!The guy wont sell it because he wants my 1972 John Deere 110 and I just wont sell that ,It aint nothing super special but it is my favorite tractor.

Attachments

• PTDC0047.JPG
    PTDC0047.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 10
  • PTDC0076 (1).JPG
    PTDC0076 (1).JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 10
Haven't given an update on this for a while. Had to put a whole slew of new parts on it from water damage leading to corrosion and rust. Intake vavle ended up being stuck too. Apparently someone thought it would run on old gas so the intake valve had a lot of gummed on gas around it causing it to stick, but I got it freed up. Seats looked real nice. Anyway I got it running real nice. Had an issue with the belts so I replaced all four drive belts and now the clutch is smooth as butter. One last problem is that it isn't charging. I had to put a new voltage regulator on it because the old one was full of water, so it has to be the starter generator. I took it off last night and will take it to get rebuilt tomorrow.

Back