New Way Engine model EH Type 2

May get an hour tomorrow to look at it. What would Doug Do?
I noticed it rolled over pretty easy. Not sure what kind of compression I should be expecting?
Also, heater exhaust hose that goes from the exhaust manifold to the inlet heater box manifold... mines not usable. Any replacement suggestions I should be watching for?

Last edited:
Would a piece of flex LP/Natural gas line work? Like used for gas cooking stock hook ups?

I noticed it rolled over pretty easy. Not sure what kind of compression I should be expecting?
Also, heater exhaust hose that goes from the exhaust manifold to the inlet heater box manifold... mines not usable. Any replacement suggestions I should be watching for?
Flexible exhaust tube?

I would check it for spark, make sure it has oil in it, shoot a little oil down the cylinders, a shot of brake clean and see if it fires. It most likely has an oil pump that should be checked and oil changed before it's run too much. Also things like making sure the throttle moves and the linkages. That flex pipe is available depending on the diameter. Think the stuff they use for the Maytag exhaust hoses. The engine should run on gas without it. The heater was mainly for running kerosene.

They used to make (maybe still do) corrugated copper tubing. Or you could use Soft copper tubing.
Air-Conditioning-Bellows-Stainless-Steel-304-Inlet-hose-Explosion-proof-pipe-Copper-Fittings-DN20-25-20mm25mm.jpg_220x220.jpg

Would a piece of flex LP/Natural gas line work? Like used for gas cooking stock hook ups?
That may work. The stuff we use at work is SS ribbed with flare ends. I may be able to cut the flare off and rig it in

Well, no spark. That'll require a teardown. The compression seems very low too. Valves are moving, but I think the exhaust are leaking.

Tried to pull the flywheel. Followed the directions exactly. Found a crack in the starter engagement piece. It's the only good way to remove the flywheel. Catch 22.

Thin cast. May be able to get it welded. Maybe not. Texted a guy... He's thinking it over if he can or not. May be able to build a replacement. Triangle of plate, big pipe, smaller pipe... You get the idea.

Spark. None. Filed points (thru the stubborn flywheel spokes. Still none. Bypassed switch. Still none. May have to convert to a dual coil system (like the onans)
Probably run all day on a small battery. If I can't get the mag to work. Wondering if.tje magnets have lost a step or the pickup or the condenser. None of.which I can get to with flywheel in way.

Compression is bad. Needs heads pulled. Bet the head gasket is NLA. eBay doesn't even kick up a result. LOL

May shelve it for now. I have other stuff that I need to be dealing with

I've been given the gift of 2 hours to work on it. Most of that was messing with spark. Found a shorting wire back there. Because I can't pull flywheel yet, it's interesting. Like trying to tie your shoes thru the spokes of a bike.
Anyways, in this video, I'm using an electric motor and a v belt to the flat belt pulley (note squeal)
No carb, ether only. Carb will require it's own miracles.

Sounds good, keep plugging away you'll have it running in no time, what does the carburetor look like on this engine?

Sounds good, keep plugging away you'll have it running in no time, what does the carburetor look like on this engine?
Best pic I have. Inlet is square. I think I remember reading it was a Carter?
Screenshot_20181225-211418.png

Back