Nice Dump Trailer Mechanics

Could be nasty when a hydraulic hose breaks also.
Have to say I like that dump trailer and am a big fan of using the Harbor Freight winches. We are finally getting a store here.
I still remember having to stop at the HF in Englewood, CO every time we were visiting my sisters in the Denver area. Sure has changed since Rapid City got one! Much easier to spend money now! Just wish they would have put it somewhere on the east side of town. Think it has been about 7 years now.

The cable winch idea to dump that looks like a good alternative to hydraulics.

DAC

a hydraulic system can only fall as fast as the fluid can move thru the ports and lines so the box would not free fall like it would with a broken cable... even if you instantly cut a hydro line it would still take a couple seconds or more for that box to drop onto the frame... with a broken cable it would drop in a milli second

I don’t know Lance about how fast a dump would fall. I had a good friend that just crawled out from under his race car in his shop. The plug blew out in the floor Jack and that car fell fast. Just the plug hit the side of the shop where I was at like a bullet.

a car jack would only have a liter or two of fluid... an industrial cylinder will 10x that or more.... with a hydraulic failure the trailers frame 'MIGHT' survive... but with a cable failure it definately will not.

a hydraulic system can only fall as fast as the fluid can move thru the ports and lines so the box would not free fall like it would with a broken cable... even if you instantly cut a hydro line it would still take a couple seconds or more for that box to drop onto the frame... with a broken cable it would drop in a milli second
Interesting point about hydraulic systems – I've never used them extensively, but your insight makes a lot of sense. I've mainly dealt with school trailers and smaller ones until recently. I snagged a used dump trailer from BWise for just 2k, and so far, it's been fantastic. Haven't faced any issues with the hydraulic system, fingers crossed.

Yes,,,, i had engine picker fail last year,,,its eases down quick without damaging the IFS below…now a cable brraking and instant drop from 6’ would be catastrophe

A friend had a line blow on his tilt trailer. It came down like a guillotine. None of them are safe to be under while it is lifted.

I don't do FB, period. Looked it over (marketplace) a couple times and nothing but junk and vehicles listed. But I don't know any of the ins and out about getting around in it.
I sold several items on marketplace, including the 2004 "Heep" a couple weeks ago, and buying stuff on there can be dangerous---LOL! I bought the MF1450 on there for $160, and the JD110 and Craftsman GT5000 for $100! That turned my GT herd from 2 to 5---LOL! Don't know if that's a good thing or not!

Incidentally the guy that bought the Heep messaged me. It is running well already. He had to pull the engine and computer wiring harness out of it and replace it with a donor from another '04 he had. Evidently some wiring had rubbed through on a head bolt way back by the firewall and melted a few more a long with it. Surprised the dang thing would even start!

DAC

I sold several items on marketplace, including the 2004 "Heep" a couple weeks ago, and buying stuff on there can be dangerous---LOL! I bought the MF1450 on there for $160, and the JD110 and Craftsman GT5000 for $100! That turned my GT herd from 2 to 5---LOL! Don't know if that's a good thing or not!

Incidentally the guy that bought the Heep messaged me. It is running well already. He had to pull the engine and computer wiring harness out of it and replace it with a donor from another '04 he had. Evidently some wiring had rubbed through on a head bolt way back by the firewall and melted a few more a long with it. Surprised the dang thing would even start!

DAC
Buying and selling stuff online can be tricky, but you seem to be doing well. I always knew that Heep is quite something, LOL.

I recently had a bit of luck on boomandbucket. I picked up a 2024 PJ1D162 6'X12' D3 Dump Trailer for 8k from boomandbucket. What's crazy is they're now going for over 12k!

I always love to seek some great deals on that kind of marketplaces.

Back