Nice small truck

I think it was '86 or '87 they switched over to fuel injection so I try to stick to the '84/'85 models of the BII... they have a 2.8L german built Cologne V6 with a carburator, its very easy to upgrade the ignition system and delete all the polution control junk. They also have cam gears instead of a timing chain and manually adjustable valve tappets. Quite easy to work on, good on fuel, certainly no race car but they have enough power and push the 6' snowplow easily. Ive been using one as my DD since 2010... and hopefully for a long time to come.

Dont have any newer pics of this one but its the one in the garage right now...
001.JPG

Ya both the BII and the Ranger started with the 2.9L and fuel injection in '86 or '87... think hydraulic lifters began at that time aswell, not sure if they kept the timing gears or went to a chain or maybe even a belt... pretty sure the 2.9L was still a Cologne engine but an updated version... but you cant upgrade the ignition or delete the polution controls as easily as with the 2.8 carb engine... well maybe I should say I cant... maybe others can but I stick to what I know how to do. Lolol

This was the first BII('85) I picked up in the fall of '09... I built the roof rack to hold the spare tire and jackall, added the top lights which are yellow when lit up so they work well in the winter, and eventually added the 6' plow... all of which I still have and will put on the XLS when I get it up and running.
001.JPG014.JPG047.JPG

Back