Not playing yet, but ready

js5020

No plowable snow here yet but this years fleet is ready.

My most used plower has been the quad, this years upgrades are grip and throttle warmers and the addition of 200lbs of weight. A formidable snow weapon weighing in around 1200lbs full of fluids and me on the seat.

The heavyweight of the bunch would be the Kubota BX23S, I'm still tinkering with the home built plow set up, this years modification is a shorter stroke and smaller bore lift cylinder along with narrowing the blade down to 5' hopefully it's better dialed in or I'll just keep the loader on and move piles with it.

Last and least used is the Wheel Horse 16 Automatic, for the gtt members it's the "my recent freebie" thread machine. This year I put the blade on it to teach the grandsons to plow snow. Last used 2 yrs ago to blow 22" with the blower. I put a new edge on the blade, cleaned the carb and she starts/ runs like a new one.

Yep were ready, bring it!

Attachments

• 1205191219.jpg
    1205191219.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 32
Holy cow poo chicken man, don't raise that loader too high. That purdy orange tractor gonna turn itself inside out. :eek:
Nice looking fleet.

You keep it up there but don't get to much ! It all ends up coming this way sooner or later. One tractor with a blade and the other with the thrower. If I can't get it re-arranged with either or both it will have to wait till spring.

Wow, all ready! I always procrastinate as long as possible. Usually a couple inches on the ground before I get the plow on.

Wow, all ready! I always procrastinate as long as possible. Usually a couple inches on the ground before I get the plow on.
Well truth be told I have 5 quads so that one has had the blade on it since end of September. I also have 5 tractors so the Horse has a blade or blower on it year round. The Kubota I only drop the loader if there is enough snow coming to justify putting it on. Currently I plow 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile so I have a back up for the back ups.

I got a lead on another plow blade, waiting for a width measurement. If it's a 54 or 60 I'm going to pick it up and have a new plow project.
Unfortunately it ended up being a 48" plow, 54 and 60" seem to be hard to find around here and if you do find one they want near new price for it.

The only time I can remember any belts slipping on my blowers if it they were in poor condition or improperly tensioned. Otherwise the blower will drag the engine down before slipping. And we run belts way way below zero degs. here. I suppose if the belts aren't sized properly it could be a problem. I've got two belts on my blower powered by a 20 hp. diesel and as long as they aren't glazed they work great. Even slush doesn't seem to cause problems.
Just my .02 cents worth. Your mileage could differ.

Last edited:
Back