NTM Rockwell/Delta Table Saw

My Crapsman has the switch right under the edge of the table where it should be easy to reach but it's a funky switch. That and I can never find it when it comes time to shut it off. I try to keep the cord where I can jerk it out of the wall if I need to kill it in a hurry.

My Crapsman has the switch right under the edge of the table where it should be easy to reach but it's a funky switch. That and I can never find it when it comes time to shut it off. I try to keep the cord where I can jerk it out of the wall if I need to kill it in a hurry.
Not only did I not like the old position but I would place my left hand on top of the table with a running saw to bend over to see where the thing was.

Closing up the back of my saw cabinet might seem minor but it was a tedious little project. I done this to create more suction at the hopper in the bottom of the cabinet. It was just a hit and miss with cardboard to get a template that would work. Once I established what would fit I drilled the perimeter of the two panels for rare earth magnets. I can change the height without removing the panels but changing the angle I will have to remove them for clearance. I seen where some guys cut out larger slots then add some material that looks like a large door sweep with bristles that keeps this opening closed but allows the motor rails to travel as you change the angle. I hardly ever cut at extreme angles so I really didn’t see a need for all that trouble.
IMG_9723.jpegIMG_9733.jpegIMG_9736.jpegIMG_9737.jpegIMG_9738.jpegIMG_9739.jpeg

There’s a half inch gap all around the top of the cabinet where it meets the cast iron table top. I’ve been wondering what I could use to fill this gap. I seen some pool noodles in the basement the kids had when they were little. These worked great ! I measured between each bolt casting on the table top then cut a piece of the PN to fit. I then simply just pressed it flat then rolled into each opening. I said simply before but laying on the cold concrete floor looking up wasn’t simple at all. I thought about laying the saw upside down but this thing is a tank along with having to remove the side table wasn’t worth all that.
IMG_9726.jpegIMG_9727.jpegIMG_9728.jpegIMG_9729.jpeg

Back