Old delivery van.

Propane1

Tractorologist
Saw this one the other day but missed getting a picture. But I knew where it would be at. So I went and got a picture today. I heard it driving by me the other day, and it’s a standard transmission and a flat head V8, I’m guessing, by the sound of it. Not sure if they use for deliveries or not, the business is a bakery, breads and cakes. I don’t know what year it is 1950 ? Maybe ?

Noel.

Attachments

• 3FA83DD5-9CE9-405C-B899-FCCAE3DD9AEC.png
    3FA83DD5-9CE9-405C-B899-FCCAE3DD9AEC.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
  • ECB26DDA-F545-418E-9CF0-DA2AF40724D7.png
    ECB26DDA-F545-418E-9CF0-DA2AF40724D7.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
I was leaning to the '53-'56 era too but with Poncho's post I learned about the curved windshield! Never was around those years of Ford/Merc trucks much. Nice truck Harry!

If you have the chance sometime, Noel, Take a side shot for me. It would be cool to read what this truck is used for! Always love to see old iron working rather than just for showing off!

DAC

Ya Doug. I said delivery because that’s what it maybe used for. Panel is the right word. I couldn’t get a side shot, because it was parked in between vehicles. And it’s a very busy parking lot and the , I’ll call them people, don’t seem to know what they are doing. I circled around another parking lot a few times just to be able to drive in and get a quick shot. I’ll see what I can do Doug.

Noel

Ya Doug. I said delivery because that’s what it maybe used for. Panel is the right word. I couldn’t get a side shot, because it was parked in between vehicles. And it’s a very busy parking lot and the , I’ll call them people, don’t seem to know what they are doing. I circled around another parking lot a few times just to be able to drive in and get a quick shot. I’ll see what I can do Doug.

Noel
Not trying to correct you, Noel, it's interesting to know what things are called from place to place, country to country. Panel delivery is also a common name for them down here. Delivery was the main purpose or a work truck with stock of parts and tools. Don't make a special trip or anything to get a picture for me! I'm an old sign guy and like to read such things!

DAC

Nice truck. My dad had a Mercury pickup here in the states of the 50s era. If I remember right it was a 56 but it had the same style grill. I had a 1951 Ford 3/4 ton pickup and the windshield on it was solid. Nice truck. Thanks for sharing the pics of those cars and trucks you see. Around here the only time you see them is during the car show weekend. Roger

Unless the engine has been changed that 4 point star in the grill denotes a 6 cyl. I believe that is a '53. My Dad had a '53 with the same grill.

What would the V8 version have on the grill ?

I went looking for the panel truck today, but was not at the store. So it was either out on delivery or they don’t take it out in the rain.

Noel

Back