Old Wisconsin

Lance Skene

Alberta, Canada
Picked this up yesterday.... Wisconsin AENL, built '48-'57, 23ci, 9.2hp @ 3600, with a factory installed clutch. Story goes it was a backup power plant for a compressor at a military base and had seen very little use. Replaced by the AENLD in '58.... no idea what I might use it for... was just out pickin on a farm about an hour from home.... also got a Kohler K241, a pair of concrete filled rear wheel weights, some bits and pieces of disc and rake attachments, and some plate steel... $100cad

003.JPG005.JPG004.JPG

I have a K181 Kohler with same type hand clutch attachment. Who ever had it over greased the throw out bearing/bushing. I took it apart and cleaned it up and the clutch hardly had any wear. I have no idea what mine was used for.

That's one fine looking engine Lance! The clutch makes it even better!

Still no idea what I might need it for but I couldnt walk away with buying something.... the guy had already given me everything else free and only asked for $50 for each of the engines. The clutch does open up the possabilities tho so Im sure I'll think of something... just have to get creative;)

Lance, if there are tractor shows near you, a working display is always a hit.

If you could find an old burr mill, flour grinder, anything belt driven... People love to see that stuff.

Ya we have an antique Truck and Tractor museum called Pioneer Acres in town, they put on a good sized show and antique tractor pull every fall.... and Ive often thought of taking the Bolens RaM but something always seems to get in the way.

Im actually headed back to see this same seller today... he called a few days ago and offered a Case 444 at $600, the earlier yellow model with K321, just a deck with it, looks a little rough but he sent a video of it moving under its own power. Cleaned up they bring good money around here and he knows that but he doesnt want to spend the time, money and hassle to sell it himself.

....always something tho... went to hook up the trailer yesterday to prepare for todays trip and realized I had a bad tire on the trailer so I had to whip into town and get that replaced.... ST225/75R/15 at $149 installed

Back