Pageant of steam 2021

Had to look that up as I've never heard of a long stripe decal on them before. From what I saw I guess it would be considered one. Only thing I had ever heard about hood decals on the Farmall/IH tractors is the Black Stripe on the the big ones from the 70's

I was unaware that some were red, but I knew it was a cub, that's interesting, now I have to pay more attention to serial numbers at auctions.
That's a little piece of info that seems to be vanishing into the past about these. Only reason I knew was years ago I was going through the old parts book we have for them at work. It showed all the hood styles and that one stuck out cause of the small serial number range so I asked my dad and grandpa if it was a misprint as the pictures are black and white. IIRC my grandpa said he sold or delivered one or two of those new back then too

Thanks for the pictures! It was a fun show. Thought I was going to miss it. I just had major back surgery and am still having trouble walking very far. I walked for 2 1/2 hours and then rented a golf cart for the rest of the day. With the cart got a bit of breeze, needed it, it was hot. The truck said it was 95 all the way home on Wed. Funny, I could not find Gary's Magnetos he's always there. I needed some woven jacket spark plug wire. I left with out finding any. Good times. Did pick up a Jari Monarch fully working for 100.00 though. Towed it behind the golf cart.

2 weeks till the tiny show in Maine NY.

Last edited:
Back