Painting gas tank

I need to pick me up some

They are made in the USA. I had a problem with one of the first ones I bought a few years ago. It didn't want to seal around the can. I emailed the company. The owner called me. Apologized up and down. Told me he was sending me a replacement free of charge. All I wanted was a new ring. 2 days later I got a box from him with 6 new packages of spouts!

Super nice people that stand behind their product.

I eliminate the spout altogether, use a funnel and no spout.
I use these on my cans.
Look at this on eBay EZ POUR Gas Can Yellow Solid Cap Storage Transportation Chilton Scepter Blitz | eBay

That's a good idea. Those carb spouts always caused me to spill more fuel. I had one that had a holder on the side that you placed on the edge of the tractor tank and the weight of the can opened the spout. It worked great, but don't have your hand on the part of the nozzle that moved. Did that once and ended up with a real nice blood blister!

I am lucky in the fact that I have a small town 1 pump gas station down the road from my home, so I usually just drive the tractor down there and fuel up. Plus it's nice to get a cold beverage out of the cooler!

When filling the smaller tanks or just topping off, leave the vent hole closed. Gas don't run out near as fast and you can control the flow a lot better. I have 4 of the red 5 gal plastic fuel cans. Vent cap is gone on 3 of them. Others plus the blue one for diesel has a golf T in it. (Best use I have found for a golf T :thumbs: 0

When filling the smaller tanks or just topping off, leave the vent hole closed. Gas don't run out near as fast and you can control the flow a lot better. I have 4 of the red 5 gal plastic fuel cans. Vent cap is gone on 3 of them. Others plus the blue one for diesel has a golf T in it. (Best use I have found for a golf T :thumbs: 0

A golf tee works good in caulking tubes too. Lol

No matter what I use I still use a funnel. I actually like using the top section of a two liter clear plastic bottle. I can see the rising level. No I'm not cheap I still have a large set of various funnels on hand too. Lol

Back