Pallet shed

As a former Insurance Adjuster I have seen and paid for a lot of different buildings with wind damage. Most of the steel back yard sheds on a wood platform when a wind came through were rolled up to scrap when buildings with proper post in the ground stood well. Same with the "Portable" structures that were just sitting there. Lot depends on which direction the wind comes from, the strong gust, etc. in relation to where the buildings is sitting, which way it is turned, etc. The vast majority of the time any building with post in the ground would loose some tin when the one attempted to be held down by anchors, etc. or relied on weight didn't survive.

I was thinking the other day about your shed project. Im glad your still at it. I was wanting to do a shed myself using some pallets. Its been so wet & muddy this year has changed a lot of plans. It sounds like your going to basically use the pallets as a whole for your walls, framing & nailers for your tin. Thats what I had in mind as well. For aesthetic reasons is why I was going to cover with metal. You would only know pallets were used when you walked in. If your going to break any down I would highly suggest buying or making a pallet buster. It makes it so much easier. Here is the one I made. Keep us posted with pics.
Pallet Buster

Finally got down to the pallet building I put up about 5 years ago. 16 X 32 - 7' front 6' back. 4X4 post set 8' apart. Lost a couple boards this winter I have to put back on when it dries up more. Storage building for everything and anything, especially through the winter. Used old RR pole cross arms between the post leveled in at the bottom to start the pallets on.

SAM_0969.JPG SAM_0970.JPG SAM_0972.JPG

SAM_0971.JPG

West end, the back side, front open to the south and the inside between a couple post. Very little snow gets in except what blows in at the front, which wasn't much at all this year.

Back