Wanted Parts needed for MTD 990

Tbond92

Parts needed for MTD 990​

Hello group I’m trying to restore a what I believe is a 1973 MTD 990 according to engine numbers could not find anything on tractor. But I’m needing front axle LH #10718 also needing the heat shield # 12910 and heat shield bracket #12913. if anyone has a parts tractor and willing to part with these to help get another old GT running again I would greatly appreciate it. Parts will need to be shipped which I’m willing to pay of course. Thank you for any help in advance.
Tim

It's fantastic to see your enthusiasm for restoring what you believe is a 1973 MTD 990 tractor. Restoring vintage machinery is not only a labor of love but also a valuable contribution to preserving our agricultural history.

It's fantastic to see your enthusiasm for restoring what you believe is a 1973 MTD 990 tractor. Restoring vintage machinery is not only a labor of love but also a valuable contribution to preserving our agricultural history.
Yes Sir I totally agree. I’ve always loved working on all types of things but this is my first complete tear down and rebuild and let me tell you I’ve learned so much it’s unreal but loving every minute of it.

Hello group I’m trying to restore a what I believe is a 1973 MTD 990 according to engine numbers could not find anything on tractor. But I’m needing front axle LH #10718 also needing the heat shield # 12910 and heat shield bracket #12913. if anyone has a parts tractor and willing to part with these to help get another old GT running again I would greatly appreciate it. Parts will need to be shipped which I’m willing to pay of course. Thank you for any help in advance.
Tim
Did you check the other two forums I sent a link to. MTF has a lot of 990 owners on there.

I understand that finding specific parts can be a bit of a treasure hunt. Your search for the front axle LH #10718, heat shield #12910, and heat shield bracket #12913 shows your dedication to bringing this old gem back to life.
While I can't offer those specific parts, I wanted to share a resource that might be of help in the future. If you ever find yourself needing car parts, check out this truck part provider. They offer a diverse range of spare parts that could come in handy down the road.

I understand that finding specific parts can be a bit of a treasure hunt. Your search for the front axle LH #10718, heat shield #12910, and heat shield bracket #12913 shows your dedication to bringing this old gem back to life.
While I can't offer those specific parts, I wanted to share a resource that might be of help in the future. If you ever find yourself needing car parts, check out this truck part provider. They offer a diverse range of spare parts that could come in handy down the road.
How does this relate to garden tractors and why would anyone looking for CAR parts go to a big TRUCK supplier?? SMH!!!!

Tim
Do you know if the axle would interchange with other early MTDs or is it special to the 990? Somebody on facebook had one under a different badge and was thinking about parting it. I think it was smaller than the 990 but same basic tractor.

Back