Picked another DA 916

Those are nice heavy tractors up near 900#.... that one will have a k341... I had 917H with a series II in AC colours a few years back.... left side discharge took a bit of getting used to but that was my first simplicity mower and Ive been hooked on them ever since.

Looks like a pretty solid tractor minus the deck rust, Rad. What engine is in them?

DAC
It is a K341, the guy said it will turn over but I need to get me another can of carb and choke cleaner and put a battery in to try to get it running and some fresh gas. If it runs good I will put the hood and seat from the other one on it and I have a rear lift I can put on also.

I pulled the dip stick and the oil looks like it hasn't been run after the last change it was clear.
When I get an engine like that with clean oil I always hope for the best thinking it was taken care of and serviced as it should BUT then the devil speaks up and says yea after they ran it out of oil they quickly added new oil :cool:
Its not too bad looking and they are a good solid tractor as you know

It is a K341, the guy said it will turn over but I need to get me another can of carb and choke cleaner and put a battery in to try to get it running and some fresh gas. If it runs good I will put the hood and seat from the other one on it and I have a rear lift I can put on also.
Sounds promising, Rad! Possibly the rust hole in the mowing deck can get some new metal welded in. Noel had a thread where he repaired a deck that most folks would have scrapped. He says it does a real nice job mowing now.

DAC

I did a little bit more checking and there is a tag on the engine that says it is a short block rebuild. I put a battery in and got nothing not even a click. Don't know where al the lock out switches are but the seat switch isn't there. I jumped the starter on it turns over.

I got to moving the hydro lever and put it back in neutral and turned the key and it turned over. I put some carb cleaner in the carb and it fired. I added some gas and it would run for a few seconds with choke on full and half throttle. Got a quick check and the lift works and it would creep forward a little.. So I think I need to get the carb cleaned and it should run.

I got to moving the hydro lever and put it back in neutral and turned the key and it turned over. I put some carb cleaner in the carb and it fired. I added some gas and it would run for a few seconds with choke on full and half throttle. Got a quick check and the lift works and it would creep forward a little.. So I think I need to get the carb cleaned and it should run.
Sounds like all it needs is some TLC from just sitting, Rad! Looks to be a good score!

DAC

Back