Picked up a new kobalt impact

I just used it to take out 24 very rusty 1" bolts. I tried to take one out by hand. 24" breaker bar and I had to use my foot to break it loose. Went to the next one and just used the impact. It hammer for 10 to 15 seconds and zipped it right out. So far so good.

Bought a 1/2" cordless impact from Harbor Freight this spring. This thing is a beast. Have not found a rusted nut or bolt it cant handle yet. I bought an old (1960s) snowmobile trailer this spring and one of the rear spring shackle bolts was rusted keeping it from moving under or without a load on the trailer. I tried a breaker bar and cheater pipe with oil and penetrant and could not budge it. Got the impact out and within 5 min I had it out. Put a new bolt, bushings and nut and it was back together in no time.
I have heard that the Kobalt ones are a good tool. Good luck.
Roger

This thing so far has proven to be a beast.

Today I had to take a motor off a gear case. 1.5" bolts. To break one free by hand it took a 2-1/4 " wrench with a 2" wrench for extra leverage and quite a bit of grunt. Grabbed the impact. 5 seconds of impacting and it spun them right out.

It'll flat break off a 1/2" bolt when tightening if you aren't careful.

Only complaint. It is heavy. A lot heavier than the 1/2" Milwaukee another guy has.

Price for price I'm ok with the kobalt over the Milwaukee. But Milwaukee tools are amazing and better overall.

Back