Plum Tree Removal

Yea sure pick on the old and frail ;) I have some of those plum trees those darn things send out root suckers all summer long sometimes 20 feet outevery summer I'm mowing and trimming on them and you really have to watch those thorns got one in the front tire of the 770 once

I have a group of wild ones. I love them in the spring when they bloom. deer and other critters love them mid summer when the fruit is ripe a wee bit bigger than a olive.
the deer also love them in the fall and use them for cover from hunters.

Al

Now I need pull some of the bigger roots out with a chain. Then I would like to run a plow thru it to clean out the smaller roots, finish it with a tiller, and throw some grass seed on it.

How old were they?

Got a rough count on the rings and they look to be in the 40+ range. The smaller tree never really produced much and the root ball was small and didn't look healthy. The bigger tree produced good. Then a couple years ago one whole side got broken off when a branch got hung up on our bale hauler. The remaining half developed this black knot fungus so we figured it was time for them to go.

Back