Poor back blade I picked up.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
It is a light weight one I can not really see how any one would spend even the little amount to buy it in the first place for a tractor with more than 12 HP.

There were gussets added to the bottom where the blade arms are welded to the hitch arm.

8B91bu1.jpg

there is a top and bottom guessets added in the rear by the swivel area. but no guessets were added to the top where the trailing arms meet the hitch pin arms.

VUmKaNk.jpg

I am going to try to restore it and add guessets in the area lacking them.

:D Al

Last edited:
I think the broken welds are factory.

I used the bucket on the Bota yesterday to see if I could push it in place. It moved a lot but not enough.
I need to grind all those old welds off and clean the area for new welds.
Going to use a come along and see if I can pull it into place to reweld.

What does the Blade look like? Anything that light, you wouldn’t think would dig at all.l

Todays order of business once I do the dally routines is to use the side grinder on those welds.
Clean the area up good and see if I can pull it back real close to where it was from the factory then weld.

Still kicking around in my head ( no wonder I have so many head aches.)How I want to reinforce it. thought about useing some angle iron I can get to yet. Or use some flat plate I might be able to get to to make gussets.

Last edited:
Whenever I'm cutting pieces of metal, I always save any triangle pieces most just toss. They come in very handy when needing gussets for such things.

I also keep small bits and pieces of steel. Problem is if it isn't a small chunk a pound or less it is in a outside pile to pick thru. try to pick thru my pile of stuff thru snow and ice.

I have angle iron I can get to easy. I also may hace some 2 inch square tubeing I may be able to get to.

Whenever I'm cutting pieces of metal, I always save any triangle pieces most just toss. They come in very handy when needing gussets for such things.
I resemble that remark! Got lots of small stuff laying about!

Used a come along from the top link pin back to the holes in the rear where the pin goes to set the angle. Pulled all the cracks up tight and the brace inside.

The brace is to high for the 3d link to hook on my Quick Hitch. A chain slip hook works there however.

6778238-11.jpg

I am not wanting the blade to dig I just want to scrape the snow from the drive way in the winter and not take to much gravel off at the same time.
Want to be able to angle it so the snow will go off to one side.

At the present time I got it welded up where the welds were broken, every thing I thoungt I could use to make it a bit stronger is frozen down.
The blade is turned so you need to back up to get the clean side of the blade to roll the snow.
It is frozen in place, so I need to see if I can get some sort of rust busting mix in there, (Acetone and Auto trans fulid) then see if I can get it freed up with out useing heat. I believe once I get it free I will drill and tap it for a grease zirk or two.

Last edited:
Got the blade freed up today so it will turn. Now will drill a hole and tap it for a grease zerk.

Last edited:
Al, one thing I've heard works on gravel is replace the cutting edge with some 3/8" flat bar and weld some 1" hot rolled to the bottom edge so it will sort of slide over the gravel.
Mike

I was thinking I would make some skid shoes for it that are adjustable set about 2 inches till I get a base built up then lower them for their after sort of like when useing a snow blower.

Back