Pressure Washer Sandblaster Nozzles

jason silliker

Jason Emerald P.E.I. Canada
Just wondering if anybody has or uses the pressure washer/sandblasters? I have one of the Princess Auto/Harbor freight cannister pressurized sand blasters which works well just wondering how well these work. Certainly a lot cleaner but not fond of the idea of water on the bare sheet metal. Thoughts?

Attachments

• CE3741C4-5460-43AD-AEF4-B49942DC13A3.png
    CE3741C4-5460-43AD-AEF4-B49942DC13A3.png
    595.2 KB · Views: 6
I would say do one or the other, not both at the same time.
Yeah that would be the plan for sure, I have a homemade sandblasting cabinet and one of the pressure tank styles that I use both with the cabinet and as a stand alone unit, I’m just curious how will these work. I can order just the nozzle on eBay for 30 bucks think it’s well worth a try. I have hose & a suction tube so I might get one.

No I use my pressure feed in through the side of an old oil tank converted into a cabinet. Yeah I’m a little leary of the siphon feed being finicky but we’ll see.

I have the siphon feed sand blast gun that I use the black media in from Menard's'. The hose attaches to a tube at the bottom of the tank. Works a lot better on heavy covered stuff if I hang the tank up about 5' off the ground but goes through the media a lot faster too.

Slickest blaster I've seen in video was one that uses crushed dry ice introduced into a high velocity air stream. Video showed a guy stripped a full size '63 Chevy car in 45 minutes down to bare metal and no damage to the metal. No worry about hitting glass or plastic. Nothing on the ground but paint. I'm sure it's awfully pricey!!

Definitely have thought about getting one of those pressure washer blasters! I've got a good pressure washer and a portable sandblaster---BUT I still can't swing the bucks for a compressor that can handle the sandblaster! A friend gave me the blaster a long time ago. Then one more issue is where I can make a designated blasting place. I can figure the last one if I could get one of the other two variables---LOL! Right now, the pressure washer blaster seems like the most affordable. From what I have read about them the flash surface rust is dealt with pretty easily.

DAC

Definitely have thought about getting one of those pressure washer blasters! I've got a good pressure washer and a portable sandblaster---BUT I still can't swing the bucks for a compressor that can handle the sandblaster! A friend gave me the blaster a long time ago. Then one more issue is where I can make a designated blasting place. I can figure the last one if I could get one of the other two variables---LOL! Right now, the pressure washer blaster seems like the most affordable. From what I have read about them the flash surface rust is dealt with pretty easily.

DAC
You rinse the freshly blasted surface with baking soda solution to neutralize surface.

Back