previous "repairs" we deal with when restoring our tractors

thom

Tractorologist
This is, as far as I can tell so far, the worst repair that my poor Pony has been the victim of by previous owners.
20190202_155001.jpg20190202_155018.jpg
This is a front and rear shot of the RH side. The LH side is untouched and seems ok. I believe I can fix the RH side and do a repair that will look a heck of a lot better than this.
Here's a shot of the tractor I took early today before I washed it.
20190202_103414.jpg

Here's the other side.
20190202_155029.jpg
Here's the RH side after I ground the welds and got the crappy patch off. I hope to fill the groove I cut getting it off and smooth it back out to get it ready for a coat of paint.
20190204_110214.jpg20190204_110226.jpg

You still can't see what may be hiding under the bird crap welding that remains. I would continue to grind any where I could see a crack pit or deep V. Then when I was down to solid steel I would put back weld to make it pretty and solid. Have you found what you would deam justification for the original repair. Don

Our theory on this is there is one guy we call "The Welder" that travel around making repairs like this on tractors and equipment all over the country. He must be busy because we find his work on most of the old tractors and equipment we buy. ;)

Our theory on this is there is one guy we call "The Welder" that travel around making repairs like this on tractors and equipment all over the country. He must be busy because we find his work on most of the old tractors and equipment we buy. ;)

Usually those guys are the first to tell you they can weld and how good they are. Most of them have a degree in welding. Seems a trend lately is they have a welding related tattoo....

Most unique weld I have seen was what I thought was clump of mud on truck frame
Turns out it was a clump of bolts welded together about the size of a grapefruit. The purpose? Home made engine mount

Most unique weld I have seen was what I thought was clump of mud on truck frame
Turns out it was a clump of bolts welded together about the size of a grapefruit. The purpose? Home made engine mount
LOL... A clump of mud that turned out to be a weld...
Can't get that visual out of my head...! o_O

Ok I will try to get a picture of radis rods from the factor the way they were installed.
I have a spare Pony front end axel the pony and Pacer ruffly the same thing.
Give me at least 24 hours.

:D Al

Back