Really wanting to do a Bota mod.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Really want to do a mod on the Bota bad. Those of you with a compact tractor (Kubota any way) know how hard it is to back up to 3 pt. equipment and get it hooked up quickly is.
I've already added a quick hitch to aid in that but it is still some times hard to get both sides even.

I had decided a back up or rear view camera would be a great aid in that endeavor. Since the Bota isn't alway used in ther best of weather (winter) and I do at times get caught in the rain to a wire less camera would be the way to go, i'm thinking.

Mostly it would be the motior screen I would unplug from power and remove to a dry place during those times.

Any one with a aftermarket back up camera I would like to hear your pros and cons on them. Since auto company factory camera don't relate don't waste your time telling me about them.

:D Al

I put a $40 camera on my pickup. Has a 3.5" screen. Use it mainly for backing to the trailer. As long as the camera is clean and not backing into the sun it works great. Mount the screen and cover it with the connections with heavy plastic bag and it should work. But it will not level the equipment or tractor for you.

Amazon sells 100s of automotive wireless back up cameras. Some use a phone for the screen. Some have their own display. Pick you poison and try it out.

I have the wired type on the 97 F150 and it works good. And the wireless type on the 05 Escalade which is OK but tends to flicker from time to time. For your application it would probably work fine as the antenna wouldn't be buried in the fender and it would be very close to the receiver.
To be honest for what your doing your going to have to find one with a very wide angle of view to see both lower pins at such short distances and that might be hard to do. Mine works fine for hooking up a trailer but wouldn't work for what your intending. In your case I would use the hard wired type so you wouldn't have to worry about the antenna and transmitter being in harms way.

How in the world can you lose at that price? Even if it doesn't do what you want you still had the fun of trying it.

Better read close as the $16+ price is just for the camera. That camera looks like what I have and it can be adjusted in the mount for vert/horz mounting. Mine is wireless and have the flickers problem from time to time but a better quality picture than our 09 Van has.

Better read close as the $16+ price is just for the camera. That camera looks like what I have and it can be adjusted in the mount for vert/horz mounting. Mine is wireless and have the flickers problem from time to time but a better quality picture than our 09 Van has.

yea that's what I'm reading. Camera only.! Monitor another $23. Which I guess still isn't bad. IDK. Seem to think it's going to be waste of money either way. Without a screen that's big enough it's going to be disappointing. Try holding your cell out away from you about 3' see if you're happy with that. Be about the same thing.

Yup thought that would be a good deal to try out on the tractor. If it doesn't work there could help hitch trailers to the Pick up.

Montior is 36.00 and has a bigger screen than peoples smart phones.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...o02_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=viglink20660-20

I think people are getting the wrong Idea of what I am wanting. This will probably be a perment camera mount but the montior only when I am going to back up and hitch to some thing with my quick hitch. Is not going to be a 100% use when on the tractor.

<<<< know how hard it is to back up to 3 pt. equipment and get it hooked up quickly is.
I've already added a quick hitch to aid in that but it is still some times hard to get both sides even. >>> Your statement AL.

And the monitor will be in storage every time you want to use it. Stop get off go hunt up the monitor or dig it out from the tool box, put it on, hook it up adjust it. THEN back up to the equipment you want to hook up. If one side of that equipment settles some, or the tractor arm has been adjusted, you still have the same issue your trying to solve. The camera will give you horizontal view but not vertiacl, which is what your after if I read it right. For a single point hook up it would work great, permanently mounted so it is there when ever the operator wanted it. I don't see it working to solve the issue your after, trying to get both sides even. Don't have a bota but have back up and hooked up to a lot of wagon loads when the tongue only moves a couple inches side to side and from different tractors, mostly Red and Green once. Just my opinion and using a camera quit often on my truck.

On thing to remember is that the ones I've installed the power is supplied from your backup lights. That way it isn't on all the time. Your going to have to install some sort of manual switch unless you have backup lights on your tractor.

On thing to remember is that the ones I've installed the power is supplied from your backup lights. That way it isn't on all the time. Your going to have to install some sort of manual switch unless you have backup lights on your tractor.
That's probably true. But no harm done if it's on all the time I guess. You'll just see where you been all the time! .. ;)

I found a 50 page write up of thiese camera set ups like I was thinking on the net.
Most wire power off a Acc. jack in the fuse block and use a switch to turn on and shut them off.
many are on tractors with cabs so camers are mounted on the back window and the montiors on the windsheild.

But there are open station tractors like mine and they mount the camera on the ROPS topunder side. then the montiors are mounted many ways from a home built brackets some on the left fender with valcro some with two sided tape and all were set up for rapid removal and many guys carried big freezer bags to put over them.

A bunch used them for blowing snow with back up blowers, some used them Like I intend and others have thecamera mountewd so they cn see their pallet forks and grapples better as well as to make sure they have a full even load in the bucket.

So I am going to pull the trigger in a bit and set it up.
Thanks for the rep[lys even the negtive ones.

:thumbs: Let us know how it works out. Sounds like and interesting project.

Still looking and have found a water proof montor at a decent price. Must be a pouplar set up as they are out of stock and do not know when it will be in again.

Back