Rock rake, landscape rake, or something else?

SupplySergeant

Tractorologist
I have about a third of an acre in backyard that needs a lot of work. Right now it's mostly bare clay dirt, with tons of flat limestone rocks. I plan to pick up the larger ones with the bucket on my Massey, but don't know what to use for the smaller ones. I'm thinking landscape rakes, but don't know anything about the different types. Any advice?

Could you back drag with the bucket. More seat time, with the loader. Hehe. But if the bucket was in a dump position and you had the loader in float position or a very light down pressure, you could pull all the rocks into a pile, then turn a round and load the bucket. Just a quick thought I had.

Noel

Could you back drag with the bucket. More seat time, with the loader. Hehe. But if the bucket was in a dump position and you had the loader in float position or a very light down pressure, you could pull all the rocks into a pile, then turn a round and load the bucket. Just a quick thought I had.

Noel
I can do that, I have to develop that skill anyway! The loader Olcowhand built does have a float position....

I hadn't thought about using the loader that way! There isn't any grass to speak of, so no problem destroying it.

Back