Ryobi 18+ Christmas tools

TAHOE

Tractorologist
My inlaws started my son and me on the Ryobi battery tools many years ago so we just build on them. Not professional, but I've only had one tools fail on me in the last 6 or 7 years and does the job I need. I can't afford the higher end stuff.

This year I got a portable Bluetooth radio, battery/110v variable solder iron, 1/4"-3 spd impact driver, and a 10" trim chainsaw. The boy got me a set of metric ratcheting wrenches.
My son a got the same Ryobi trim saw, multitool, and a spot light that shoots like 600 yards, crazy bright.

20211225_100347.jpg
20211225_100412.jpg

Glad they work well for you. I had a Ryobi drill before the one+. Those batteries were not up to the task and a replacement was about a third of a new drill with batteries. Went to my Hitachi and haven't looked back. Had it for about 15 yrs. now, just bought a pair of new batteries this year.

There's not much better than tools for Christmas! Nice score, Marty! I've never had any Ryobi tools, I'm not sure if there is a local store even. I can't afford the higher end tools either. I wouldn't even have old DeWalt cordless tools If it wasn't for going dumpster diving!

DAC

All my battery tools are DeWalt or B&D branded. Very little battery issues even though they were all bought used, including the batteries. The new batteries don't fit the tool quite as well and harder to get off. Got the Carolyn a Bauer trim saw with charger and 3 ah battery. She saw some of the knock offs on TV - nope not going that route. Stihl has a pruning saw for the same price as the Bauer, but have to manually oil the chain. Didn't like that either. Bauer has auto chain oils and a lot of the other features like no tools chain tensioner. Going to order an extra chain so when one gets in the dirt to hard can switch them out.

I have a bunch of the Ryobi stuff too and can't really complain. Granted the older tools weren't great but the newer batteries and brushless tools came a long way. Prices aren't to bad either.
It would cost me a good amount to change over at this point. Don't need to make a living with them so they're find by me.

I have a bunch of the Ryobi stuff too and can't really complain. Granted the older tools weren't great but the newer batteries and brushless tools came a long way. Prices aren't to bad either.
It would cost me a good amount to change over at this point. Don't need to make a living with them so they're find by me.
Yeah, the newer stuff is a bunch better.

Got both the Ryobi spot lights, 1 halogen, 1 LED. Use both. the halogen out shines the LED by a long shot. Yet, the LED lasts an insane amount of time. The portable cooling fan is a big plus. The best Ryobi tool so far is the impact hammer. It works better than my Porter-Cable air compressor setup. Plus, none of that compressor noise.

Back