Saturdays Durant Mi end of summer car show.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Very nice show got there early so were able to choose a parking spot on the west side of the street so we would have afternoon shade.
It was our first time there or I would have went down the street farther where they had shade all day from huge street trees on both sides of the street.
While Kare was signing us in I went and said hello to mister Bill our DJ friend and gave him my request play list for thre day. All 1960's rock tunes, like unchained melody by the Everly Brothers for example.

At 11:00 AM when one of the local TV stations interviewed, Gerald one of thr power houses at this show as well as the Wednesday evening cruises and the Fenton and Linden back to the brick party.
At that time there were 179 cars/trucks signed up for judgeing by car owners and spectators. There were 40 top trophys the Mayors trophy and the peoples choice.

The show was called an hour early because some one had been saying their phones weather app was showing an approching storm.

I stopped in Burton on the way home for some cheaper than local gasoline. While I was filling up for the Sundays trip to the UNcle Johns Cider Mill car show it started sprinkling but by the time i finished it was full blown rain.

Woke Sunday Morning at 4:00 AM to get ready tgo leave for Uncle Johns and it was raining.

Boss said that show was cancled sighting a field the show was held in might be muddy. For sure the grass would be damp and hang on shoes to be tracked into the car.

Sandusky Mi show Saturday for the Volunteer Fire Fighters Equipment fund

:D Al

Car show I attended yesterday this 1947 Mercury Businessman’s coup, it’s rare and outstanding
0C07D17B-8DA5-4BA5-A23A-2D2A7CB013C2.jpeg

And looks like it has plenty of horsepower now!

Back