Wanted Scammers Among us!

Dougt

Tractorologist
Staff member
Administrator
We are seeing a rash of scammers offering to sell parts they really don't have. It's amazing how these people always have everything you need but they struggle with pictures or even English. Most times they have a friend that has it and they send you on the tag game. PLEASE do your due diligence whenever you're dealing online. If something seems off, it most likely is. This scam isn't limited to this forum, it's all over. Check their profile for red flags such as a new member or low post count. We appreciate the ones that report them to us. We have no way of monitoring the PM side without your help. If there is any question, don't be afraid to add one of us to the conversation for a 2nd opinion. We hope you have a safe experience here. Doug T

Hi, @Dougt . I am leery of the poster on post #20 of Roger's thread here.

All that poster did was quote some of Roger's original post with no comment and he has a suspicious name too.

Thanks for your hard work and the heads up.

DAC

Hi, @Dougt . I am leery of the poster on post #20 of Roger's thread here.

All that poster did was quote some of Roger's original post with no comment and he has a suspicious name too.

Thanks for your hard work and the heads up.

DAC
Good catch, Doug. I'd have to agree with you. Banning the scum bags is almost too nice. I'm thinking maybe we should give them the notoriety they deserve. We can make this post a wall of shame. Here's our first. https://tractorfanatics.com/members/error77aa.5259/

How come we just don’t ban him or block him instead of just playing around
What fun would that be? We don't really know he is a scammer, he hasn't proved himself that we know of. These guys are using email after they get their hooks in you from the forum. Maybe leaving a warning will be better than banning? That could help someone that was contacted through a different forum. Banning is too good for these scum and doesn't do much to stop it. They just move on to the next bunch of victims to pick from. Maybe don't warn and hope the members will report them? Then we could ban and start a wall of shame for known scammer handles.

Back