Sealed Beam LED’s

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
I ordered 4 of these to try out. Although they feature them as landscaping lights according to the very good reviews several folks use them as tractor lights. These are less expensive than the ones on other sights listed as tractor lights. I’ll post my install when they arrive.

Looks like they will work perfect, Jim! You can even get several colors if desired!

DAC

The reason I liked these is the lenses look like the original 4411 lights. You can’t hardly see the leds like some of them. I chose the natural vs the cool that looks blue.

The reason I liked these is the lenses look like the original 4411 lights. You can’t hardly see the leds like some of them. I chose the natural vs the cool that looks blue.

Sounds good. Hope they do what you want. And waiting for a review. Some of my garden tractors would take the bulb as a replacement. I’m thinkin.

Noel

Sounds good. Hope they do what you want. And waiting for a review. Some of my garden tractors would take the bulb as a replacement. I’m thinkin.

Noel
Have you seen the led replacement bulbs. I’m thinking about these for my dads little Craftsman and that newer Cub Cadet that was given to me.

I bought 5 of these for our IH / Farmall 656: Amazon.com: LED PAR36 Light Bulb 15W 5000K Daylight, PAR36 LED Landscape Bulb 2000LM 100W Halogen Equivalent PAR36 12V with Lenses, High Concentration Spot Light for Landscape Lighting, Off-Road Vehicle Lighting: Home Improvement
Even brighter, at 2000 lumens and using 15W.

Seem to work well, although I couldn't use it for the rear-facing light, as the original one has a small ancillary bulb shining through it.
I was looking at those but the thing I didn’t like was you can see all the leds inside. I’ve seen those on the older garden tractors and never liked them. I’m thinking your Farmall has two lights in each fender where did you install the fifth one. They have the led bulbs that replace the bayonet type socket.

Have you seen the led replacement bulbs. I’m thinking about these for my dads little Craftsman and that newer Cub Cadet that was given to me.

Like these Jim. ? A fella gave me these about six months ago. Never used them yet. So I think I’ll put th in the Case 446 when I’m finished of painting it.

Noel

Attachments

• FC4C10A1-6492-43A9-A5EE-11CC0C174B77.jpeg
    FC4C10A1-6492-43A9-A5EE-11CC0C174B77.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 3ECBE3FC-0F2C-4B97-890A-8AAED9A4544C.jpeg
    3ECBE3FC-0F2C-4B97-890A-8AAED9A4544C.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 4
I was looking at those but the thing I didn’t like was you can see all the leds inside.

Solution: don't look directly into the lights! :D
Haha, just kidding, I know what you mean, and agree.

I’m thinking your Farmall has two lights in each fender where did you install the fifth one.

Yep, two in each fender and one is rear-facing. That rear-facing one has some of its reflective coating removed, and painted with a translucent red paint, and an additional small bulb shining through the red paint and into the PAR36. So it can be either a small red light (presumably for on-road use), or the full white light (presumably for implement illumination). Since I couldn't be bothered with opening up the LED bulb to remove the reflective coating, I just kept that rear-facing light the original incandescent bulb.

The Bush Hog JB series used a bulb on the left, which the box it sat in served as a tool box, and it's light had a spot of NO mirror coating so the light lit the inside of the toolbox. Kinda neat, but the only bulb like that I had wasn't working any longer.

The Bush Hog JB series used a bulb on the left, which the box it sat in served as a tool box, and it's light had a spot of NO mirror coating so the light lit the inside of the toolbox. Kinda neat, but the only bulb like that I had wasn't working any longer.

That's pretty nifty too!
A shame these 'specialty' bulbs aren't available anymore.

Back in the day Daniel things were developed to be functional not just pretty

I received my lights on Friday just three days after ordering. They were well packaged.
BD04D2CC-A48D-4C23-B4F4-82084ACBEC79.jpegCD9AC91E-2121-4015-B601-9C54062567BA.jpeg
I took the pics fifty feet away from the garden fence for comparison. Each pair of pics will have the old light first then the led lights second.
A86AFBCF-2D46-4173-96C6-ED6ACCA568E4.jpegAD3030FF-B7B3-49A0-885A-768B5D0AA0C3.jpeg
The old lights have more of a spot light compared to the led having more of a flood light. It’s casting way too much light below the tractor. I’m going to find a way to tilt them upward a bit to bring the light level up more. They didn’t give me the WOW factor I was hoping for yet but hopefully they will be better tilted up. I still like them a lot better than the old lights.

41AC51A5-CFC1-4EE2-92FC-87467FD9CF99.jpeg
This is a much better pic my wife took from our porch. You can see the light pattern is a lot wider and brighter. This was thirty feet from the garden fence. Overall review I’m happy with them and will probably install the other pair in my White 1885.

Back