shear bolt carrier

Sorry, it's my walk behind Poulan snow blower. I think it just finished it's 5th winter and I sheared a bolt when the blower found a garden hose when I was clearing the 5" we got to make a potty place for our shitzu. I don't think I'll lose any bolts with self locking nuts.
Mike

Clever idea I prefer those lock nuts as well. I recently acquired a Simplicity 7117 from a friend. I never seen so many bolts with double nuts even on the mower where pins were suppose to be. I got rid of them quick.

Thanks for filling me in, Mike! I don't even know if my walk behinds have shear bolts! Probably find out some day---LOL!

DAC
I'd find out if they have shear bolts or ordinary bolts. if just ordinary ones there's a fair chance of gearbox damage if the irresistible force meets the immovable object. I repaired a Honda a few yrs ago that had ordinaries AND the auger shafts were rusted onto the drive shafts. Finally had to remove the flights and split the shaft on one to get it off. I put a lot more time and materials in that than I charged.
Mike

Back