Shop Bench Light

chieffan

Tractorologist
Several years ago I picked up a dual halogen hanging fixture at auction for a few bucks. Put it up and worked good, lots of light. Couple months ago during some real cold weather I turned it on and shortly after the one lens shattered. A week ago the other lens shattered along with a bulb not lighting. End fell off the bulb. Yesterday the other bulb quit. Removed it and cleaned the ends good with a drill bit, back in & working - for about 30 seconds. Removed the bulb and the end came off that one also. OK time for a new bench light only going LED this time around. Hey Santa ! ! !

I give up on halogen a couple of years ago for work lights. my lead and dual fixture stand type are LED.
You can beat the durability and i mean that literialy. Ive knocked down them stand lights down I dont know how many times and they just keep on working.
Shop lights will be replaced as they fail.

The more birthdays we have the darker things get
I upgraded shop to T5 lights couple years ago. Twice the light of T12. I have a 4 tube T8 over workbench.
No more halogens here either. Got a good LED portable work light

I've dealt with them halogens for years. If you look at them the wrong way they'll pop. I seen on YouTube you can replace the bulb area with a cob led with good results & cheaper than replacing the whole fixture. I'm thinking about trying this on a single fixture. I have some multi units would be nice converted.

I bought a 16' reel of LED bright white LED's a while back. Use two 2' strips at the computer desk. Work good. Have 12' left and thought about running 3 strips of these along the reflector of the old halogen and power them with a 12V dc toy train power pack. Might play with that while waiting for my new carb for the Polaris Ranger to get here in the mail today.

Best lighting money I've spent was for 10 LED lites that look like 2 tube fluorescents, 4300 lumen, I think. I put 8 in the garage, one in our office and one in her craft room. I was so impressed I ordered 3 more, one for the patio and 2 for my large storage shed. I really love the fact that they are instant bright even in cold weather.
Mike

Best lighting money I've spent was for 10 LED lites that look like 2 tube fluorescents, 4300 lumen, I think. I put 8 in the garage, one in our office and one in her craft room. I was so impressed I ordered 3 more, one for the patio and 2 for my large storage shed. I really love the fact that they are instant bright even in cold weather.
Mike
Got any info on them so we can get some?

About a year ago I ordered Sunco brand off amazon for $34 each. I see now they are $25 each. 3 of them are turned on in the garage for about 12-15 hours a day and still working fine.
Mike

Mike
I've been researching the LEDs for my shop. I have ten of the old fluorescents that I salvaged years ago. Do you have a link to the lights you got.

I've been researching the LEDs for my shop. I have ten of the old fluorescents that I salvaged years ago. Do you have a link to the lights you got.
Sorry Mike I never seen your info. Thanks

Back