Shotgun's Garden 2018 Summer

Shotgun Wedding

Garlic Jedi
Thought I'd share this. I put it on the other site as well.

Here is the overall look starting East at the potatoes. Not shown here is strawberries and asparagus (which is taller than me right now)

g9.jpg

Next, potatoes. Three kinds. Bridget is full left side row, front plants of right side row are Yukon Gold and back is Shepody.

g8.jpg

Next is muskmelons and watermelons. Muskmelons are a second planting as the first which were indoor plants got clipped young by a now deceased rabbit (who was delicious BTW). Watermelons are really liking this heat. There are Nerf-ball size right now and are only the small variety, very sweet supposedly.

g7.jpgg6.jpg

Tomatoes next. Three San Marzano plants, two Tappy's Heritage, One Matt's Wild Cherry and a Moskvich. All are doing very well, no late blight yet, started hitting them with copper for a week now.

g5.jpg

Ah yes, Garlic and Onions. Garlic is just about ready to be harvested. 2016 was July 15th and 2017 was July 24th, so it shouldn't be long now.

g4.jpg

Some various things, whats left of lettuces, carrots are late and slowly coming along. Butternut Squash up front and Cucumbers behind. Corn is looking nice.

g3.jpg

Sweet Corn (new variety for us this year), beets and green beans. Beets are coming out this weekend methinks, straight into jars as pickled beets.

g2.jpg

And whats on the desert menu right now??? Raspberries and lots of them. Very very good this year, also liking the heat. Have kept enough (surprisingly) for two pies so far. Hopefully can stop myself from eating everything and save a few more.

g10.jpg

Wish things looked that green here, starting to look rather tannish!

First picking of raspberries yesterday, two ice cream pails and one stomach full :thumbs:. Raspberries are my favourite, closely followed by Haskap. Still a few of them on the bushes as well, but the main crop is in the freezer until I have time to process it.

First picking of raspberries yesterday, two ice cream pails and one stomach full :thumbs:. Raspberries are my favourite, closely followed by Haskap. Still a few of them on the bushes as well, but the main crop is in the freezer until I have time to process it.

We love the raspberry to. Most of ours are now frozen and have pie written all over them this fall and winter.

Back