Since when?

so we in the pub and I hover over the selection of beer, sold by the pint or quart while the wine is offered by the 200 ml glass or litre? We are still not 100% metric, the gov't lied:eek:

Speaking of that....I just love how paint has been sold over the years. When the metrics came along in the 70s, a gallon of paint all of a sudden said 4.54 litres (equivalent to an Imperial Gallon)....Then a few years later, it said 4 litres. But they weren't finished....Now it says 3,78 litres (American Gallon).........Easy way to get more money out of us.

Buy anything these days...cheese, chips, Coke/Pepsi....Price goes up, size of package goes down.......

My worst nightmare with metrics was threading. You had to run the lathe backward as if you disengaged the half nut you had to reset up the thread and that was on a lathe made in Germany.

I've heard that a lot of that hardware comes from China and you cannot count on it actually meeting the specification marked. Same for SAE bolts.

I wouldn't dream of buying critical hardware from a big box place. Fortunately I have a fastener supply place near me that sells quality products and I think they're probably less expensive than questionable stuff from the big chains.
Well as I remember it was on a weekend and she had to have it Monday morning, Fastenal wasn't open at the time

Back