Some new Milwaukee tools

cjet69

Tractorologist
Dads old angle grinder had a big chunk of metal fall on it several months ago. It broke the case and won't turn at all now. Thought about pulling it apart to see if it could be salvaged but at over 35 yrs old he decided he wanted a new one. Ordered up a big Milwaukee angle grinder and it arrived today. Shot some pics of the old grinder and one of the new one.

100_5885-m.jpg100_5886-m.jpg100_5887-m.jpg100_5888-m.jpgGOPR4413-m.jpg

Second item mom wanted so dad wouldn't be climbing on ladders while pruning trees. Its a Milwaukee battery powered pole saw. I tried it out today and it works great. It came with the battery, charger, extension, and 2 extra chains.

GOPR4412-m.jpg

Looks like the DeWalt more than earned it's keep in 35 years CJet! The Milwaukee looks like a good replacement. Those pole saws are pretty cool, but they can be as dangerous as being on a ladder. I got the urge to reach too high with mine and when the branch lets go the operator is right under it! Keep a good angle so it falls away! Didn't get hurt but was lucky.

DAC

My old yellow DeWalt 9" grinders handle was breaking. Went on line to see if parts were available and was surprised at how cheap the replacement parts were. You might want to check and see what the parts for yours cost before throwing it out.
Warning: The new parts will make your old grinder look pretty sad!

Two nice tools for getting the job.
And those long reach saws and hedge trimmers separate the men from the boys real quick.. I have the EGO line of tools.
Using them I'm finding out I'm neither boy or "men " anymore...

I never really thought about it but it does look like a Dewalt. It's an old Chicago Electric made in Japan. Dad bought it at a local store that was similar to Harbor Freight before we had a HF store in our area. I think all of the Chicago Electric tool are made in China now.

Attachments

• 100_5888-copy.JPG
    100_5888-copy.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 5
Those pole saws are pretty cool, but they can be as dangerous as being on a ladder. I got the urge to reach too high with mine and when the branch lets go the operator is right under it!
Anything that has some size to it will get a throw line and some form of rigging to lower or pull the branch if I can't get to the side.

I never really thought about it but it does look like a Dewalt. It's an old Chicago Electric made in Japan. Dad bought it at a local store that was similar to Harbor Freight before we had a HF store in our area. I think all of the Chicago Electric tool are made in China now.
Looks like I should have read the picture better, CJet! The US isn't the only country losing manufacturing to China! We used to make fun of "Made in Japan" and now there's not a lot of that except maybe cars!

I do everything alone so I need to think about tying the branches or some other measure first before I start chopping. Even though the "Worx" brand pole saw I have is pretty light, it is still real hard on my neck, shoulders and arms. Someday I just need to have a tree company come in. Just glad none of the trees are close enough to the house and vehicles to cause damage if a branch drops.

DAC

I do everything alone so I need to think about tying the branches or some other measure first before I start chopping. Even though the "Worx" brand pole saw I have is pretty light, it is still real hard on my neck, shoulders and arms. Someday I just need to have a tree company come in. Just glad none of the trees are close enough to the house and vehicles to cause damage if a branch drops.
Wish I could find a cheap man lift like one of these. It would work great for cleaning gutters also.

Attachments

• genie_s45_aerial_manlift_boom_lift_man_boomlift_painted_45_foot_lift_height_1_lgw.jpg
    genie_s45_aerial_manlift_boom_lift_man_boomlift_painted_45_foot_lift_height_1_lgw.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 5
Cops Reloaded had chase involving on of the high lifts. 18 mph top speed, sideswiping vehicles, running over signs on the corners, etc. finally stopped, was driven by a 12 yo male. Found the key "hid" inside the cab and went for a ride.

Think it was brought up one time before but anybody remember the guys that traveled around selling tools called Cummins ? Think of the earlier stuff Harbor Freight use to sell only on wheels..
Remember some jumbo wenches I bought there and first time using them I bent them like pretzel.

I sure do remember them. Still using a vice I bought off them about 18 years ago. Have a T-handle allen wrench set also. Also got a 12" cut off saw that died long time ago along with a booster pack. Prety junky stuff as I remember them.

Another outfit that traveled the countryside would set up a single of each item on tables, etc. where ever they could rent the building for a day. Customer would go through with a special sheet and write down the item number and how many, pay for it then go outside to the semi to gather your purchases. Don't remember their name right off.

Think it was brought up one time before but anybody remember the guys that traveled around selling tools called Cummins ? Think of the earlier stuff Harbor Freight use to sell only on wheels..
Remember some jumbo wenches I bought there and first time using them I bent them like pretzel.
I remember something like that, but I don't recall what they were called. I think our power metal bandsaw was purchased from them by the guy my dad bought it from. I think the brand name on it is "Carolina".

Cummins tools would stop here once, sometimes twice a year a long time ago. Yeah I bought a lot of stuff there, including my first auto dark welding helmet and 90* magnets. Also a yellow 50' Goodyear air hose and a hand crank reel for it. Still could use all of them but got a auto wind reel when I retired and bought a Vulcan helmet about that time too. I think the bar clamps in the hose reel picture came from them too.

DSCN5153.JPG

welding helmet 004.jpg

This very old Cummins 6" bench grinder came out of the scrap trailer at my former job also. Wheels are shot but it still runs fine! Notice the cast iron wheel shrouds.
DSCN4741.JPG

DAC

Back