Some Rides at local Car Show

Traill95

Tractorologist
What's your plans for it?
Looks like a good solid car.
It has the drive train out of a 1963 Chevy 2 station wagon, 6 cylinder engine, powerglide transmission and the rear end is a positrac. so going to go ahead and put in a v8 and probably a 350 or 400 tranny. Redo the interior and drive it as a rat rod until I can afford the body work and good paint job. first thing is to put a Heidt's independent front assembly under it. as that is the worst part of the car.

jabelman

Tractorologist
It has the drive train out of a 1963 Chevy 2 station wagon, 6 cylinder engine, powerglide transmission and the rear end is a positrac. so going to go ahead and put in a v8 and probably a 350 or 400 tranny. Redo the interior and drive it as a rat rod until I can afford the body work and good paint job. first thing is to put a Heidt's independent front assembly under it. as that is the worst part of the car.
Scuff and buff it, set white walls and moon eyes be good to go

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
I may know somebody near me that could be interested in that '63 Chevy II power train.... a guy I know with a '63, very low mile car, original power train at present/ but he's been talking about converting his from 3 on the tree and 3 pedals to an auto trans.

JBRamsey

Tractorologist
36 was a mix of wood and all steel bodies depending on the model. 37 everything was all steel.

You don’t need to be a woodworker. Several guys make wood replacement kits for the bodies. They are just nailed in place.