Spray bomb Massey Ferguson red

MFDAC

Tractorologist
I accidentally discovered that Duplicolor 1605 Ford red is almost identical to the red on my 1975 MF12G. That's a paint that should be pretty common anywhere, but if my memory is correct, it seems MF red had to be purchased at MF dealers?

I keep some of that color around since it is also a match to GMC red that they painted engines for quite a number of years. The GMC red is unavailable nowadays.

Picture is part of a deck lift link I built laying on the hood of my tractor.

DAC

DSCN1032.JPG

Up here in Canada there is a paint that is pretty much a perfect match for MF red. I found it when renewing a MF8. Up here The brand name is Krylon - and the color is Banner Red. There are 2 versions of it. The Dual version, which includes a primer, worked much better for me. I was able to get a nice gloss but could not do so with the regular paint no matter how much I polished it. I bought at least a half dozen red paints that looked like they might work and this one was pretty much identical to the MF red.

Up here in Canada there is a paint that is pretty much a perfect match for MF red. I found it when renewing a MF8. Up here The brand name is Krylon - and the color is Banner Red. There are 2 versions of it. The Dual version, which includes a primer, worked much better for me. I was able to get a nice gloss but could not do so with the regular paint no matter how much I polished it. I bought at least a half dozen red paints that looked like they might work and this one was pretty much identical to the MF red.

Krylon is my favorite spraybomb! Dries very fast and will stick to vinyl. I will have to get a can of Banner Red and check it out!

DAC

Your right I've used banner red before but both projects faded in a short time. Maybe a clear finish coat would prevent this. I liked the color a lot except for the fading.

Th
I accidentally discovered that Duplicolor 1605 Ford red is almost identical to the red on my 1975 MF12G. That's a paint that should be pretty common anywhere, but if my memory is correct, it seems MF red had to be purchased at MF dealers?

I keep some of that color around since it is also a match to GMC red that they painted engines for quite a number of years. The GMC red is unavailable nowadays.

Picture is part of a deck lift link I built laying on the hood of my tractor.

DAC

View attachment 2343
That does look good. I got a mf12 begging to be put back together. I'll give this a try too.

Back