Started a new project this week

MNGB

Tractorologist
I finished up the roto-tiller this week, and the snow has receded enough to find a drag section I wanted to convert to 3 PT it had been under the snow and froze to the ground but this week I could see it peeking out so got the PK with the FEL out and got it in to the shop. The 3 pt hitch is coming along good this afternoon I pretty much got the hitch done I need to find about 10 feet of chain and to paint it then it will be ready to use.

HPIM1577.JPGHPIM1578.JPGHPIM1580.JPGHPIM1582.JPGHPIM1584.JPGHPIM1585.JPGHPIM1587.JPGHPIM1588.JPGHPIM1589.JPG

Worked on trying to finish up the drag hitch and its real close to being finished got the lift chains installed just working on fine tuning that part then its to take it apart and paint the parts and reinstall the hitch then it will be ready for work later

HPIM1593.JPGHPIM1594.JPGHPIM1595.JPGHPIM1596.JPGHPIM1597.JPG

Looks great Gary. Boy I'd like to be making something. Getting some spring fever, but its snowing today. What brand of paint do you use and what do you mix with it. Just wondering, all your paint jobs look great.

Noel

Looks great Gary. Boy I'd like to be making something. Getting some spring fever, but its snowing today. What brand of paint do you use and what do you mix with it. Just wondering, all your paint jobs look great.

Noel
Hi Noel the last few years I've just been using rattle can paint was getting it at a Fleet Farm store before going to the rattle can paint I used PPG paint really liked it and had good results with it.
How much snow are you getting do you have much on the ground here its been melting pretty good but nice and slow so our flooding chances a lessened

Still a foot or two in places Gary. But it’s melting slowly. Which is good, like you say. Snow we got yesterday was just enough to make things white. It will melt quick and help take away the old stuff. Another two months or so before ground working and grass cutting.

Noel

Picture of our snow Gary. Sorry. Any way, the deepest parts are from the snow thrower.

Drag is looking good.

Noel

Attachments

• 7FC45098-A1D2-4B68-8ABA-FAC83529F313.jpeg
    7FC45098-A1D2-4B68-8ABA-FAC83529F313.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 3
Looks like you a little more than we do around here I'm guessing ours will be gone by the end of the except for the frozen piles but they are getting smaller also, forecast is for a couple of days at 41 a 48 and 50 on Sunday but they have a bad habit of lowering them we will see

Has been a nice couple of days so I removed snowblowers tire chains and moved them to the back of the building got the F-250 started and run it around to the shop to replace the old batteries. I bought new batteries on 1/22/2020 but it was so cold and I didn't want to mess with it till I needed it well it never snowed enough to use it so the new batteries are 2 months old, anyway got the old batteries out found out I installed them 5/22/2001 Wall-Mart batteries pretty good but to be honest they have been connected to an onboard charger 24 7 for all those years plus its my plow truck for the most part so its only been started maybe 25-30 times a years so not many start cycles anyway got the batteries changed and it made a big difference spinning the starter. Today I got the drag out and gave it a try on the wet gravel and ruts by the shop it worked great
100_2424.JPG100_2425.JPG100_2426.JPG100_2427.JPG100_2428.JPG

Last edited:
Back