Strongland 2472 PTO Switch

Jweiser

Hello,

Recently came across a strongland 2472. Motor runs and it drives, but can't get the PTO to activate. Had to jump the wire coming from the key switch to the PTO toggle switch. So i'm assuming it's bad. Does anyone know what I'm looking for ie... on-off or on-on. Maybe a part number to cross. Any help would be great. Trying to get the belly mower to activate and it seems like the PTO needs to engage to activate the clutch.

Thanks

Hi Jweiser welcome to the group, I am not familiar with the Strongland tractors so don't know how they are wired, generally power (12VDC) comes from the key switch goes to the PTO switch if it had safety features then a speacial PTO is required it it did not or the safety circuits have been disabled then a simple on/off switch is all that is needed. a 2 pole on/off switch from that switch a wire is connected to the PTO clutch the clutch will have 2 wires one is connected to the PTO switch 12 VDC and the other wire is connect to the tractor frame to provide ground to complete the circuit, it makes no difference which wire on the clutch is connected
This simple switch will work for no safety Push Pull Switch a Old School Hot Rod Custom Boat Truck 2 Pole On-Off rat road a | eBay

This type of switch for safety feature 2PK PTO Blade Switch for Ariens 03602400 Grasshopper 184082 604796 Scag 48787 | eBay

Thanks for the help. Sorry missed your reply. With further troubleshooting think it is missing an electric pto clutch. Trying to find information on that in another post thanks again.

Back