This is what I've been up to

MNGB

Tractorologist
Hi all, for the past 4/5 days I've kept busy working on a 1989? Yamaha Razz 49 CC scooter, I bought this back in the early 90's to use when we went camping it was nice but just stopped sing it in about 96 and it got put out of the way in the storage area of the shop and more or less forgotten. This summer while looking for somwthing else I found it and decided I'd get it going an my 14 year old granddaughter could ride it so got it in the shop of course the battery was shot and the gas tank looked yucky. This nice looking scooter is impossible to work on had to half dissemble it to get the gas tank out got it cleaned cleaned the fuel screen checked the fuel punp and it pumped good so shot some carb cleaner in the card and hit the starter but it started and ran on the carb cleaner but that was it so how to get at the carb just about impossible but finally got it loose and removed the float bowel it has 1/4" of varnish/tar in the bottom had to pry and scrape it out with a screwdriver finally with lacquer thinner and carb cleaner got it clean and all the passages open reinstalled the carb and it started and ran good did a short test drive by the shop and ordered a new airfilter and battery. This morning I got the tail/brake and turn signal light wire connected and took it for a longer test drive ran great wnet 3/4 mile from the shop to the local C store and headed back to the shop 2 blocks from the shop it stopped tried the kick starter nothing then notice gas running on the street so I pushed it back to the shop 2 blocks mostly up hill. Checked the carb etc figured the float had stuck down and the gas was coming from the bowel overflow but looking closer I discover a the fuel hose from the pump to the carb had come off reinstalled it went for a test drive around the shop area ran great as I was coming to the shop door looked back and seem a trail of gas got it in and the hose had slipped off again so this time I used a zip tie to clamp it that will hold.

HPIM1317.JPGHPIM1318.JPGHPIM1319.JPGHPIM1320.JPGHPIM1321.JPG

I love scooters. They are just fun. The biggest one I had was a Honda Helix. I still miss it but it's better that it's gone.
Hope you and your Grand-daughter have fun.

Have a 9 yo granddaughter than has her own GT - Bolens RAM. Her Mom has a boy friend now so they spend more time at his country home than here so hasn't got much use this year. 2 years ago at the local fair. 1st place for oldest running engine.
SAM_0700.JPG

Scooters are fun. Dad bought a china scooter. Has a 150cc engine. Will run 55mph with my 240lb butt on it. It's a blast. So easy to ride. He has put several thousand miles on it since he bought it. Only problem is the little CDI box died. 3.99 got a new one.

Got all the covers and panels reinstalled this afternoon and test drove it after a long downpour, gas hose stayed in place and it ran great now it to wait for the battery and air filter.

HPIM1322.JPGHPIM1323.JPGHPIM1324.JPGHPIM1325.JPG

I was just pulling your leg.
If I lived closer I'd come and see if it would be usable on one of my machines. Already made one long trip for a cab I couldn't use. Had it setting around here for a couple years before selling it. Do you remember what it came off of?

Hi Chris it came off a John Deere 110 / 112 they have a narrow hood and that's why it won't fit the Case wish I had something it would fit maybe I should check and see if it would go on the Husqvarna

Back