This is what I've been working on

MNGB

Tractorologist
Hi all, I have a Haban snowblower that is self powered with a 10 hp Tecumseh snowking engine for some reason this year it has been giving trouble with the engine to belt reduction set up first belt I started the season with was working pretty good but then broke went to local har4dware store no belt so off the Fleet Farm and again no belt so I ordered a couple of belts form the V belt guys out of Sioux Falls SD I went by what I had in my records for the size well I ordered some B32 belts had touble in that when blowing got tough going the darn belt would pop off tried another belt it being an "A" which worked slightly better so I kind of side lined the PK for a time but got to thinking about the belt problem and I got to thinking that the problem was maybe the clutch set up what this was is a belt tightener pulley on a lever then a spring attached to the tightener lever and a tension lever it camew to me that the spring make be to weak and when the blowing got hard going the auger would slow down an start stalling because the spring wasn't providing enough tension on the system and the belt would start kind of jumping and them pop off so I changed the system eliminated the spring and installed an adjustable solid link with the lever going over center so it would lock in place I'm thinking this may work but so far no snow to give it a try yet but on Monday I may get a chance to see In the 1st picture you can see the spring set up

HPIM1654.JPGHPIM1672.JPG

I like this...

I have an MTD 12/33 snowblower, the reason for me restoring my SS12 was to eliminate me from needing it. This could be a neat project.

My IH Cub 42" thrower is belt driven and uses a B belt. I think you get a lot more gripping power with a B belt. Same with my wood spliter which has a B 31 belt. Can kill the engine before the blet will slip and not run all that tight either.

Hi all, I have a Haban snowblower that is self powered with a 10 hp Tecumseh snowking engine for some reason this year it has been giving trouble with the engine to belt reduction set up first belt I started the season with was working pretty good but then broke went to local har4dware store no belt so off the Fleet Farm and again no belt so I ordered a couple of belts form the V belt guys out of Sioux Falls SD I went by what I had in my records for the size well I ordered some B32 belts had touble in that when blowing got tough going the darn belt would pop off tried another belt it being an "A" which worked slightly better so I kind of side lined the PK for a time but got to thinking about the belt problem and I got to thinking that the problem was maybe the clutch set up what this was is a belt tightener pulley on a lever then a spring attached to the tightener lever and a tension lever it camew to me that the spring make be to weak and when the blowing got hard going the auger would slow down an start stalling because the spring wasn't providing enough tension on the system and the belt would start kind of jumping and them pop off so I changed the system eliminated the spring and installed an adjustable solid link with the lever going over center so it would lock in place I'm thinking this may work but so far no snow to give it a try yet but on Monday I may get a chance to see In the 1st picture you can see the spring set up

View attachment 22654View attachment 22655
I really like the looks of your tractor. Is she single?

Oh, I had one of those, hope you pulled the balance gears out.
Hi larrtbl, this engine is a factory service engine pretty much a new engine was done a few years before I got the tractor but not many hours on it so the balance gears are in it and it starts and runs nice also has the Kohler breakerless ignition that so far is good, when I redid my 76 PK K321 I left the balance gears out and you can feel the vibs at idle to about half throttle, if I were the do another K321 I'll leave the gears out but install Kirk Engines CS balance kit

Well this afternoon I tried out the revamped clutch setup we haven't had any real snow just a couple of dusting but the wind plied to up so I got the PK out to try the clutch and it works good the Haban blows snow quite well, the 10 hp Tec is a bit on the light side but if I take it easy it works, nice thing about the blower having its own power you can throttle back the tractor engine when needed to slow down without effecting the blower R's

Well this afternoon I tried out the revamped clutch setup we haven't had any real snow just a couple of dusting but the wind plied to up so I got the PK out to try the clutch and it works good the Haban blows snow quite well, the 10 hp Tec is a bit on the light side but if I take it easy it works, nice thing about the blower having its own power you can throttle back the tractor engine when needed to slow down without effecting the blower R's
I had a couple throwers on gear drive tractors. Now have the thrower on an IH Cub 1560 with hydro and like it much better.Thrower stays full throttle and vary the ground speed with the hydro.

I had a couple throwers on gear drive tractors. Now have the thrower on an IH Cub 1560 with hydro and like it much better.Thrower stays full throttle and vary the ground speed with the hydro.
Hi Roger yes yes to the hydro its so nice to move the motion control lever and leave the throttle set, great for blowing snow or mowing

Back