Those spark plug spring things

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Working on a small engine today and wanted to pull thre spark plug. grab the boot and lift and it comes off the plug but that couild spring thing stayed behind.

How do you get them back in the boot. Looks to me like you split the boot install the spring thing and use some liquid rubber to hold it to gether or just pitch the boot?

:D Al

If it's what I'm thinking you have you can do it two ways. WD40 is involved with both. You can put the spring back on the wire and then spray a little wd40 the spring and wire and push back on the boot or push the wire through the boot so it is extending out of the big opening and then put the spring on the wire and pull it back into the boot. I prefer the last method, just remember to spray the wd40 on the wire before pushing it into the boot or it's about impossible.
Is this what your talking about?
234558a2-b391-4254-82e9-a5ea4da6dae5_1.4b2d4363ae54b66a06241d77cb654a87.jpeg

Yes looks simular to what i have. It is on a newer 4 year old Echo CS 400 chain saw.

There is a sharp spear type wire on one then then the coil. the spear goes into the spark plug wire and the coil is in the large part of the boot.

The spark plug wire comes right off the coil/trigger.
shopping

About $35.00 for new and on E flay $34.00 used.

Or if you like parting with your money $63.00 at saw again keep it running.

Thanks might give it a try with some dish soap.

:

D Al

Back