Thoughts on led lights

I'll give you another option:

My Farmall H (6 volt) had 4.5" halogen sealed beams on it. One was a 12V lamp the other a 6. Even just the 6 volt lamp the generator couldn't keep up with. I bought a pair of THESE led sealed beam replacements on Amazon. They're rated for 6-30 volts. The pair draws so little power the ammeter needle barely wiggles when I switch them on.

I'll give you another option:

My Farmall H (6 volt) had 4.5" halogen sealed beams on it. One was a 12V lamp the other a 6. Even just the 6 volt lamp the generator couldn't keep up with. I bought a pair of THESE led sealed beam replacements on Amazon. They're rated for 6-30 volts. The pair draws so little power the ammeter needle barely wiggles when I switch them on.
I've seen those before, had thought about putting them on my super c but I lucked into a set of nice original lights, I had thought about these. Look at this on eBay 18W Super Bright LED Work Spot Light Bar Driving Fog Offroad Car Lamp For Truck | eBay

I put some of the LED replacement PAR36 bulbs in my Bolens 750 a couple years ago and have been very happy with them. Less draw on the charging system, nice light output, I can't imagine going back. They come in various sizes for output, so get something appropriate; I believe mine were 9W.

NOTE:

I CLICKED ON THE LINK I PROVIDED AND SEE THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION HAS CHANGED. THE LAMPS I BOUGH WERE 5 WATT, 500 LUMEN 6-30 VOLTS. THE DESCRIPTION NOW IS 9 WATT, 900 LUMEN 10-30 VOLTS. IT LOOKS LIKE THE PRODUCT MIGHT HAVE CHANGED.

I'VE SENT THE SELLER A QUESTION ABOUT IT. IN THE MEANTIME YOU MIGHT NOT WANT THIS FOR 6 VOLT TRACTORS.

Last edited:
I'm looking for 12v for a simplicity garden tractor , never mentioned 6v. The only 6v I have with lights is my 9n and I have original lights for it.
This is what I'm working on.
View attachment 18424

I understand that. Unfortunately I talked about 6V in my original post and there are a number of other users with 6V tractors.

I don't think there is any such thing as too much light. If you go led you shouldn't have to worry about the charging system. What you may have to watch for is the beam width. It used to be inexpensive led lights tended to have a narrow beam. I don't know if that's still true.

Back