Tie Rod fell off while mowing

cjet69

Tractorologist
While mowing today the LX255 lost steering control. Right away I could see the tie rod laying on the ground on the right side. I only had half of the back yard to go so I popped the rod back on the ball and made a couple more rounds before it fell off again. I thought about getting a couple big hammers to swag it back on and then I remembered the parts LX277 sitting next to the shop. I pulled the tie rod off and installed it on the LX255 and was back in business. Its nice having lots of junk around sometimes.

GOPR1150-m.JPGGOPR1151-m.JPGGOPR1152-m.JPGGOPR1153-m.JPG

That happen to me on my MF 14 once, was going along the woods cutting the grass, off comes the tie-rod end and into the woods we go. Wrapped some wire around it and was fine for years, just changed that tie-rod last fall while the tractor was on the hoist, got the used part off a tractor I had, wont say the brand, hehe.

Noel

I don't have that issue, because (1) not married, (2) my "junk" is at another location, my uncles.
Well I've been married coming on 43 years now, Jake! Wish I had another place to store it! She seems a little more receptive to the "junk" we haul home from her aunt's ranch though! Hopefully we start getting enough rain around here where the fire hazard drops. Right now dragging something out of the dry grass and causing a spark could get a prairie fire going in this windy season transition. Things are kind of on hold there for now.

DAC

That's one thing that took me awhile to get use to out there, the wind. Coming from a state with forest and mountains to the middle of SD was like walking into a wind tunnel. Also coming from a place where it can rain for a couple days straight to a place where storms blow through in under a hour took a bit too.

Back