Tire inflation gauge

chieffan

Tractorologist
Stopped at HF Wednesday to pick up a new flag. Theirs are a bit cheaper and last a lot longer than most other brands. Saw they had the gauge type tire inflator, bleeder combination with a couple different fittings on sale for $16 so picked one up. Can get the tire air pressure right where you want it with one tool. My old one had the plunger type gauge that was hard to read. It will go to the machine shed with the smaller compressor.

Sounds handy. Reducing the air pressure in a tractor tire can be a long process. Might have to make a stop at HF Tuesday and pick one of those up along with another headlight. Seems a shame to waist the stop for just two things. :)
Take a cart with you. You can always find more in that store, if they would quit moving things around all the time. As bad as a grocery store.

I don’t go to HF until I need a few things and even then I get more than what I went there for. Here’s the air gauge I have it’s working out good.
8645029D-D449-4B3C-8507-8605B53C321A.png

I have a couple of their old ones with the extending gauge. Neither have ever been accurate but are better than nothing. Don't really know why I haven't replaced them years ago. Always have to carry another gauge when using them or I have no idea how much air I've put in.

That is the one I picked up Sawdust. I have another digital gauge that is slime proof that has worked well for several years. As far as accuracy, how do we know any of them are really accurate. Mybe if we get a NASCAR unit and can adjust down to the 1/4 lb or less but we don't need that.

I’ve had this one for close to a year and so far it’s been accurate compared to my regulator gauge coming off my 60 gallon compressor above the air filter. Of coarse I haven’t dropped it or banged it on anything yet. I don’t think any of them are accurate enough to take us around the yard at 180+ mph depending on ground temperatures. :D

I’ve had this one for close to a year and so far it’s been accurate compared to my regulator gauge coming off my 60 gallon compressor above the air filter. Of coarse I haven’t dropped it or banged it on anything yet. I don’t think any of them are accurate enough to take us around the yard at 180+ mph depending on ground temperatures. :D
That is why I added "We don't need that" on my post.

Back