Tractor comes home for a refresh.

Thanks Daniel. Son wants to take it to his place and get it “ broke in. “ so to speak. In the muddy potato patch , in the woods, and where ever. Hehe. That will happen at some point. Right now. It’s the only painted up tractor I’ll ever have I’d say. Any way , like I’ve said to my son, be nice to have a painted up farmall A or something all painted up nice.

Then what would you do with it. ? If you had no attachments. Look at it.! Ya that gets old after a while , with me any way. Will see what happens. Wanted to do garden work with it. But no tools, yet.

Noel

I'm new here but following your project with interest. I often use "rattle cans" for small projects including things like your tractor repaint. If I may offer a hint. Figure roughly the amount of paint you think you will need and then add 20%. I'll tell you why. When you go to buy your paint check the bottom of each can. There will be some numbers on the can and those are lot numbers. Colors can vary slightly between lots so try and buy all you think you will need, with a few extras, with the same lot number. If you cant buy enough with the same lot number use the smaller lot for your "base" coat and the majority lot for your final coats. What is left you can put away for those OOPS touch-ups that will surely occur. I speak from experience on this. In my much younger days with no money I decided to paint my car a light tan with "rattle cans". It turned out fairly well except that some of the cans had a bit of a salmon tint. In the sunlight it looked like a rainbow. A friend, much older and wiser, taught me about lot numbers. After a fine sanding and a second trip to the paint store where I scored enough cans with matching lot numbers it came out all in one color and that paint job lasted over four years. Sorry for the rant, and I offer this to hopefully keep someone from the same mistake I made those many years ago.

No Doug. They might come today. Last Sunday was my birthday. So that’s why I sorta wanted it done. Present to myself. Got some pictures of the tractor with grandson on it. So it’s grandson approved.

Noel

Attachments

• E2ED837C-D868-45AC-8EC6-F1B2504D6567.jpeg
    E2ED837C-D868-45AC-8EC6-F1B2504D6567.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 9
Back