Traded in.

Propane1

Tractorologist
This was traded in at my sons work. The fella got a f150 and a cheque for it. I don’t know all the details. Any way, was at the coffee spot. There were just heading to the ford dealer with it, Im guessing. They gave it a blast down the street. Exhaust sounded terrible. Not a nice V8 sound.
Son said 712 hp at the rear wheels. It was a Shelby mustang.
I would take my sons 2006 mustang over that Shelby. Sons 300 hp and sounds and pulls great.

Noel

Attachments

• 6FA714EA-E2ED-46A1-B467-98258E714519.png
    6FA714EA-E2ED-46A1-B467-98258E714519.png
    994.7 KB · Views: 13
Ford going to quit making the Lincoln Nautilus this year and converted the plant to make electric vehicles. We are going to miss them.
If there is one thing I wish I could tell Ford and others is that they are jumping the gun. The countries electrical infrastructure is not up to handling this increased load. The battery technology has not advanced to the point were owning an EV is practical in the northern rural areas of the USA. Charging stations are too far apart and the cost per KW is too high.
Are you people listening?

Last edited:
I agree Chris I think this whole transition is going to backfire on everyone that thinks it’s a good thing. I’ve been reading so many horror stories already about the EV vehicles not what they claim to be. What’s going to happen that old gas car in the driveway will be worth a fortune when all this comes to reality.

Suddenly in Europe Atomic power plants are wonderful and Coal is making a comeback. Gee I wonder why that is?
California has decided that shutting down their aging atomic power plants might not be such a good idea. Who'd a thought.

I hate to say this though. The Mach e is fast. 3.6 zero to 60 and a 13.5 in the 1/4.

faster than most mustangs and requires zero skill. Launch mode, pedal to the floor with the brake held. Release brake and it goes as hard as it can with no wheel spin.

Do it twice and the fun is over. Your right it doesn't sound like much of a challenge.
Same way with the new corvettes high end model.

I watched a pro drag racer on YouTube run a 10 second pass. He said you think that’s impressive. He put his girl friend who has never driven a on a drag strip before. She ran the same time.

Not like the old days with 3 pedals and a lot of skill.

Yah you might as well be drag racing tractors to the feedlot.
Basically

I enjoy a nice automatic for a daily driver car but I much prefer a manual for a sports car. I absolutely hate anything with a CVT. That is a transmission that never should’ve been invented! My dad went through 3 of them in a Jeep Patriot under warranty in 90k miles.

My WRX in track mode with no driver aids was an absolute blast to drive. I never did get good at launching it. Never did it more than a couple times because I was afraid I’d break something and be out thousands.

Back