Tuff Torq K46 to K71 Swap

I had a chance to make up the pivot point to for the pedals (this unit was opposite), the chamfered ends of the bolts you see was welded to the original rod after I cut it to length. There's lots of adjustment here. It sits with the rod end bearings stacked up & down and pivots roughly 3/4" in both directions for travel. The flat bar with the bushing bolts to the inner channel of the frame & the pivot goes inside it.

The free wheel rod was too short so I made up a new one.

I could only use the K46 fan but the splined shaft on the K71 was shorter so I faced off about 1/4" off the pully so the fan could go on, fits good & is in the original position.

Attachments

• IMG_5005.JPG
    IMG_5005.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5006.JPG
    IMG_5006.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5007.JPG
    IMG_5007.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5008.JPG
    IMG_5008.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5009.JPG
    IMG_5009.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5011.JPG
    IMG_5011.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5013.JPG
    IMG_5013.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 9
So I fabbed up a new expansion tank as there was no room for the plastic one. This one is the same volume as the old one.

Attachments

• IMG_5025.JPG
    IMG_5025.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 8
So a little update. It cuts with twice the speed but since the dandelions are thick I still have to cut slow anyway lol. I might have a problem though. While cutting last week my deck belt broke. It was only the second one since new so no big deal. Fast forward to today and it broke again half way through. Both times I think were on slight inclines but not the first time as I cut the ditch as I mow. The only difference in the machine over last year is the rear is 1" higher than before. That's only thing I can figure but its meant to cut from 1-4" height so it shouldn't be too bad of a belt angle & when I put it on a jack in the shop to emulate it, it looks fine. Bearings are all good & no signs of wear or rubbing on either belt. Even if it was the increased angle it should throw it off not break I would think. May have to change the rear tires & rims to a little smaller, these are 22x10.5x12 the factories were 21x9.5x12 but even then that just drops me down 1/2"

Back