Upcoming Parade

MH81

Tractorologist
Staff member
Administrator
Our local fair parade is this Wednesday night. We are planning on riding together as a group big and little tractors. I wanted to do something a little different this year, and I will show you the finished product Wednesday.

for now, I am getting happier with the results of my One Evening Refresh on this little trailer. I wanted to spend a lot more time on it, but as usual, I'm out of that time stuff.
Did the best I could with the hours I had. May do more later, may not... We will see.

Here it is the evening I brought it home
IMG_20180708_224910792.jpg
Nice little cart, aren't many left.
Bottom was.getting pretty thin in the first 4 inches. Mainly the corners.
Used muratic acid to clean up the worst. Fumes sick, works well.
IMG_20180805_155845683.jpg

Then, I put a primer coat and a bunch of aging POR 15 I had. Ran it across the front where I wanted it to be the best I could get in further rusting. It dried very uneven, had to flap disc it... But at least I can know I have stopped the most of the rust.
Then I flapdisced the trailer, bedlinered the whole bottom and painted the white.
Was up against the clock, so I didn't chronical the steps well... But here is the trailer as of last nite.
IMG_20180806_221435262.jpgIMG_20180806_221500485.jpg

More to come.

Kster526

Nothin to see here move along
Made it functional and safe , love the bedliner in the bed I’ve also done that to one I restored.
It’ll serve its purpose for you. Can always go back and do more.
From the picks it looks good.

Propane1

Tractorologist
Nice line up of tractors. Looks like ya had fun.
I’ve only been to one show / parade this year. Missed a bunch of them.

Noel