Upcoming Work

Lily'sDad

GMC, They Said
I have an Ingersoll 3014 that I got last spring for cheap. It's a pretty good machine but for several small issues. The Walbro carb on the M14 Kohler is real special. I have to crank it a lot to get it to start and of course there is no high speed adjustment. I've gotten a Kohler #30 carb from Joe's Power. I stripped it down and gave the carcass to my friend, Ken who has a 5gl. can of the old time carb dip (the stuff that will kill you if your in the same room with it). The small parts, I put in a can of the modern dip I have. After a couple of days, It hasn't even touched the paint on the shaft levers. I think I will have to use vinegar. I didn't want to hand over my small parts to Ken for fear of them getting lost; and I really didn't think they would be difficult to clean. I believe with the new adjustable carb and the electronic ignition the M14 will be a new animal.

My other issues are the steering and one of the mower spindles has a loose bearing. The steering is kind of hard, so I'm going to put one of those custom axle center pins in it. Case GTs have a tendency to spread the frame ears front and back of the axle, so the axle gets loose and wobbles. The new pins are made to tighten the ears back together. Also, I'll put thrust washers on the spindles(poor man's power steering).

Has anyone ever tried growing flowers in a Walbro carb?

Back